oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff 1-3 (Assombalonga)

8 minutes ago, TheJew said:

We do have poor fans though. 

Leeds, Man City etc have been down to Div1 and still had a massive support. If we went down we would be sub 10k. 

Our fans on the whole are pretty poor imo. A few bad results and they flee. 

Leeds weren’t doing too well in terms of fans a few seasons ago. People seem to forget that. It’s only the last 2/3 seasons they have come back to Leeds

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to poke in. Do us a favour and take all the points, you know you want them. We could be 6th by Saturday afternoon, not that is of interest to you.  Neil Harris still respected in our n

That's the impression I got too. If it is the case, sad way for it to end like, he deserves better than this 😞

Britt pictured after missing an easy chance. Britt pictured after being told his pet dog has died Britt pictured whilst talking about Coronvirus Britt pictured seeing an

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Leeds, Man City etc have been down to Div1 and still had a massive support. If we went down we would be sub 10k. 

Leeds and Man City are bigger clubs than we are.  I think we'd be above 10k If we went down although if the season went nowhere then that might change!

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Perhaps, but then our *** poor fans haven't seen us win at home since December, so expecting a celebration after another home defeat, in a game that we were actually fighting for our survival, would be a tad optimistic.

Non of that makes it right.

GF has stood by us for a lot of years. Granted he is not what he used to be but his heart is still in it. I personally have the utmost respect for the guy.

Edited by BoroAbroad
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, TheJew said:

I’d probably be classed as a ‘poor fan’ as i most likely won’t renew if we go down. But tbh I’ve had enough, we’re at the mercy of a guy who can no longer run the club properly, employs hopelessly incompetent people in important positions and seems to be doing all he can to dismantle the club from the top down. The speed at which we returned to pre Karanka levels after the relegation is staggering.

Why should I support such incompetence?

• Like 3
11 hours ago, TheJew said:

200.gif

• Like 1

One home win in 2020 would have made this final day malarky impossible.

One home win!

What on earth happened, yes we watched the games but what on earth happened?

With our home form we should be ashamed and under usual circumstances are plight would not be even alive.

Thank goodness our away form gave us a chance

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

One home win in 2020 would have made this final day malarky impossible.

One home win!

What on earth happened, yes we watched the games but what on earth happened?

With our home form we should be ashamed and under usual circumstances are plight would not be even alive.

Thank goodness our away form gave us a chance

An incompetent buffoon hired an incompetent buffoon, who failed to get the best out of a lopsided squad that had been assembled by an incompetent buffoon and a lying ***?

*** - child born out of wedlock

Edited by HoyteForLeftBack
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

An incompetent buffoon hired an incompetent buffoon, who failed to get the best out of a lopsided squad that had been assembled by an incompetent buffoon and a lying ***?

inspiring tim tebow GIF by Home Free

• Like 1

One aspect of yesterday gave me some hope.

The ability of Tav, Coulson and Spence. They stand out a mile. If we can get Gibson back an outline team might be

Pears - sorry but Stojanovic just looks hopeless to me

Dijksteel - decent last two games

New RC centre back - Fry is going backwards

Gibson

New LB

Howson

Saville

Coulson

Tavernier

Spence

Fletcher

Obviously we need probably 2 strikers, and lots more cover at the back. If Roberts stays I think Warnock can develop him. I worry Fletcher may be the one we can sell but Britt ends up staying. Not sure who will come in for Fry at the moment.

Big, big worry is teams try to get any of Tav, Coulson or Spence.

I'm perplexed why Wing has been discarded. He scores goals and 2 or 3 times yesterday we had chances in his zone. Seems a shame to just jettison him so quickly.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, edinboro said:

The ability of Tav, Coulson and Spence. They stand out a mile. If we can get Gibson back an outline team might be

Gibson

New LB

Howson

Saville

Coulson

Tavernier

Spence

Fletcher

Obviously we need probably 2 strikers, and lots more cover at the back. If Roberts stays I think Warnock can develop him. I worry Fletcher may be the one we can sell but Britt ends up staying. Not sure who will come in for Fry at the moment.

I'm perplexed why Wing has been discarded. He scores goals and 2 or 3 times yesterday we had chances in his zone. Seems a shame to just jettison him so quickly.

Boro are still in a bad place. We have lost Braithwaite, Gestede, Randolph, and Ayala, with Shotton, Friend and Clayton to go in days as well. Unfortunately that still doesnt balance the books.

We are still going to have to push out one of Fletcher and Assombalonga probably both before we can really invest.

We cant take that freed up wage and then instantly spunk it all away on Gibson. A player who has barely played for 2 years, shown a lack of fight and professionalism at Burnley, and imo only looked good because we played ultra defensively.

1 hour ago, edinboro said:

Gibson

New LB

Howson

Saville

Coulson

Tavernier

Spence

Fletcher

Wing isn't a Warnock type player, nor is Tav or Spence.

I'd expect these 3 to be moved on by Warnock as soon as he's announced as manager and quickly replaced with the likes of Gunter and afew journey men

Putting a daft conspiracy tin foil hat on here, but didn't Gibson threaten to sue the EFL over the Derby FFP/Sheff Wed fiasco?

Could it be the EFL are waiting to see how the table lies after Wednesday night to decide whether or not to go ahead with the points deductions?

(I don't really think this.)

Living among Leeds fans, I  was always subjected to comments about the spaces in the crowd whenever a Boro home game was on Sky (not often). Leeds fans seem to think it is some badge of honour to watch their team through good and bad. I pointed out that Boro fans are more realistic, ie won't go amd watch them when they are crap!

Even better, I said that Boro were better supported than Leeds! Roars of disapproval! I said that surely an indication of good support is what % of your home town goes to your home matches? Agreed. Population of Middlesbrough 140398. Average home crowd 19934. % of 14.2.   Population of Leeds c.800000. Average home crowd 35320. % of 4.4.

QED!

12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Putting a daft conspiracy tin foil hat on here, but didn't Gibson threaten to sue the EFL over the Derby FFP/Sheff Wed fiasco?

Could it be the EFL are waiting to see how the table lies after Wednesday night to decide whether or not to go ahead with the points deductions?

(I don't really think this.)

It’s an independent panel which decides whether they get a points deduction or not iirc