oneBoro Forum

Boro v Cardiff 1-3 (Assombalonga)

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

200.gif

Lol - indeed.

Turns out our fans are remarkably consistent...or have been for the last 10 seasons or so (with the exception of our promotion and PL seasons). Did a bit of digging and turned up these figures:

image.png.0745f19e058dca3f6f581f1fb2c8817c.png

image.png.1ac8eb7949ff0d0d0c1878b68fda85a2.png

Source: https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-championship-2009-2010/1/

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry to poke in. Do us a favour and take all the points, you know you want them. We could be 6th by Saturday afternoon, not that is of interest to you.  Neil Harris still respected in our n

That's the impression I got too. If it is the case, sad way for it to end like, he deserves better than this 😞

Britt pictured after missing an easy chance. Britt pictured after being told his pet dog has died Britt pictured whilst talking about Coronvirus Britt pictured seeing an

Posted Images

2 hours ago, edinboro said:

One aspect of yesterday gave me some hope.

The ability of Tav, Coulson and Spence. They stand out a mile. If we can get Gibson back an outline team might be

Pears - sorry but Stojanovic just looks hopeless to me

Dijksteel - decent last two games

New RC centre back - Fry is going backwards

Gibson

New LB

Howson

Saville

Coulson

Tavernier

Spence

Fletcher

Obviously we need probably 2 strikers, and lots more cover at the back. If Roberts stays I think Warnock can develop him. I worry Fletcher may be the one we can sell but Britt ends up staying. Not sure who will come in for Fry at the moment.

Big, big worry is teams try to get any of Tav, Coulson or Spence.

I'm perplexed why Wing has been discarded. He scores goals and 2 or 3 times yesterday we had chances in his zone. Seems a shame to just jettison him so quickly.

Agree - at least partly. I think we do have at least some of the ingredients for a decent squad. We are just being badly let down in some areas (most notably in defence).

As to Wing - yes we all know he CAN fire in those thunderbolts. But he does so very infrequently. He only has 3 (league) goals for the season, compared to 9 for Fletch and 10 for Britt. I think we need to focus on getting service to our strikers, over goalscoring midfielders. If we have the creativity & ability to break teams down, contributions from midfield aren't as important.

Right now we only look at this because its been so hard to get goals from our forwards.

7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Agree - at least partly. I think we do have at least some of the ingredients for a decent squad. We are just being badly let down in some areas (most notably in defence).

As to Wing - yes we all know he CAN fire in those thunderbolts. But he does so very infrequently. He only has 3 (league) goals for the season, compared to 9 for Fletch and 10 for Britt. I think we need to focus on getting service to our strikers, over goalscoring midfielders. If we have the creativity & ability to break teams down, contributions from midfield aren't as important.

Right now we only look at this because its been so hard to get goals from our forwards.

He's scored 7, which is a decent return.

Not started a game under Warnock, so I don't expect he'll add to it.

Fletcher has 11.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He's scored 7, which is a decent return.

Not started a game under Warnock, so I don't expect he'll add to it.

Fletcher has 11.

Oops - for some reason I was looking at Tav's stats. 🤦‍♂️

Still, my argument stands that we should be looking to build a team that can create chances for the guys who are actually paid to score goals.

Goals from midfield should be a "nice-to-have" rather than a necessity.

44 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Oops - for some reason I was looking at Tav's stats. 🤦‍♂️

Still, my argument stands that we should be looking to build a team that can create chances for the guys who are actually paid to score goals.

Goals from midfield should be a "nice-to-have" rather than a necessity.

Disagree regarding goals from Midfield. We should have wide players and at least 1 centre mid capable of 6+ goals a season EACH, not collectively.

Tav could do it, so could Roberts and Wing does it. Need to keep these guys on the pitch imo. 4231 with the 3 being occupied by the aforementioned.

3 hours ago, edinboro said:

The ability of Tav, Coulson and Spence. They stand out a mile. If we can get Gibson back an outline team might be

Gibson

New LB

Howson

Saville

Coulson

Tavernier

Spence

Fletcher

Obviously we need probably 2 strikers, and lots more cover at the back. If Roberts stays I think Warnock can develop him. I worry Fletcher may be the one we can sell but Britt ends up staying. Not sure who will come in for Fry at the moment.

I'm perplexed why Wing has been discarded. He scores goals and 2 or 3 times yesterday we had chances in his zone. Seems a shame to just jettison him so quickly.

He was talked up a lot because he is local and I like Gibson but he was overrated and at best average.

13 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

He was talked up a lot because he is local and I like Gibson but he was overrated and at best average.

Gibson was an excellent CB in the championship in my opinion, probably overrated with regard to huge price tags some placed on him but would definitely be an asset for us now. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Disagree regarding goals from Midfield. We should have wide players and at least 1 centre mid capable of 6+ goals a season EACH, not collectively.

Tav could do it, so could Roberts and Wing does it. Need to keep these guys on the pitch imo. 4231 with the 3 being occupied by the aforementioned.

That doesn't detract form the fact the team should be collectively working to make sure our front 2 are getting 15-20 goals EACH in a season.

22 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I accept he was talked up for being local but when you say at best average then if you mean average for PL then i agree. If you mean average for championship then i disagree. He was one of the better Championship CBs all day long for me.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, edinboro said:

Gibson

New LB

Howson

Saville

Coulson

Tavernier

Spence

Fletcher

Interesting, I'd keep Stoj over Pears personally. Pears doesn't fill me with confidence at all and bar the communication thing, I think Stoj does everything either as well, or better than Pears does. Pears flaps at things just as much as Stoj does.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised to see us ditch both and bring in a new keeper.

13 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I’ve always thought our home support is pretty poor but we have decent away support. That’s just my own perception, not based on many facts

Don’t think this is specific to Boro’s home support. Many home fans seem hyper critical to some degree. Whereas away fans tend to enjoy the occasion and feel they need to put on a good show of solidarity to the club they’re following to the one they’re visiting

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Uwe said:

Don’t think this is specific to Boro’s home support. Many home fans seem hyper critical to some degree. Whereas away fans tend to enjoy the occasion and feel they need to put on a good show of solidarity to the club they’re following to the one they’re visiting

They are usually quite “Merry” by the time they get to the stadium too. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I accept he was talked up for being local but when you say at best average then if you mean average for PL then i agree. If you mean average for championship then i disagree. He was one of the better Championship CBs all day long for me.

I’m sorry to disappoint but I don’t and neither do other clubs believe he is Premiership quality. Like I said I support him more so because he put himself on the line and demanded from others, but he is not exceptional there must be average. Of course he is head and shoulders above what the club is in right now.