oneBoro Forum
Neverbefore

20/21 - new kit

Gazette have put up an article hinting that the kit reveal is coming soon so thought it would be good to get the discussion started here.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hummels-new-kits-what-middlesbrough-18605835.amp?__twitter_impression=true

They also a few examples of the kits hummel have already introduced for the new season - I don't think there's a bad one amongst them but I wouldn't like us to have anything like those that are already revealed.

What would everyone like to see us play in next season? 

I've just posted this in the Other Boro Stuff thread but judging by Rangers new shirt whatever design we get will be sullied by the sponsor logo:

rangers-20-21-home-kit-2.jpg

That said, Hummel appear to be moving away from their standard template for teams next season so I'd like to see something that leans into our heritage. It's probably too late now but something commemorating the Jack Charlton era would be nice.

• Like 1

I’d like to see us play in winners jerseys next season NB4. That’s it. Nothing complicated required 😀

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I’d like to see us play in winners jerseys next season NB4. That’s it. Nothing complicated required 😀

I always thought you were one of the more realistic posters!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I've just posted this in the Other Boro Stuff thread but judging by Rangers new shirt whatever design we get will be sullied by the sponsor logo:

rangers-20-21-home-kit-2.jpg

That said, Hummel appear to be moving away from their standard template for teams next season so I'd like to see something that leans into our heritage. It's probably too late now but something commemorating the Jack Charlton era would be nice.

Yeah that sponsor is pretty ugly. And completely pointless and ineffective imo. A betting sponsor is a betting sponsor, you can't make it more moral by adding a little meaningless warning.

• Like 1

All the kits they've done so far for us have been excellent designs, bar last season's neckline.

The material is poor though.

Hopefully another band, and a throwback away kit.

please be green, please be green, please be green.

• Like 4

I want something a bit wild for an away kit. Hummel have done some really funky kits for some teams but ours have been fairly muted so far.

Give us one of these!

GetImage.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

All the kits they've done so far for us have been excellent designs, bar last season's neckline.

The material is poor though.

Hopefully another band, and a throwback away kit.

Yeah I've had real problems in particular with any lettering on the kits. Always seems to come off after a few washes regardless of the settings I use on the washing machine!

14 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I want something a bit wild for an away kit. Hummel have done some really funky kits for some teams but ours have been fairly muted so far.

Give us one of these!

GetImage.jpeg

david tennant puke GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Id love something like this a nice tribute to the start of our most successful era. 

No doubt it will be white and blue or black and blue again though.

EY-hUQlXQAM_5y6.jpeg.jpg

Yes I would love that one @smogsterking the Inspirati

I love this thread every year especially seeing what other members think/want  Here’s what I’d like 

The blue would obviously be red & the red one minus the Liverpool badge and a Boro one instead

E1590361-4CCB-4254-A02A-2AD78C461BCD.jpeg

A790C337-77BA-4DB6-9C12-FDB2F0D61226.jpeg

The Rangers kit isn't made by hummel..

They have released a few good kits already in the lower leagues,  see Cambridge and Fleetwood as examples.. high hopes for ours. 

16 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

The Rangers kit isn't made by hummel..

They have released a few good kits already in the lower leagues,  see Cambridge and Fleetwood as examples.. high hopes for ours. 

You're missing the point, that's 32Reds new logo so it's likely we'll be getting it on our shirt too.