oneBoro Forum

20/21 - new kit

4 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Acetone on the back of the sponsor is what you can use to remove the sponsorship logo. Pisses me off that people in the club sign off on things like this. 

Sponsors aren't going to pay you money if they're not on the shirt.

Paddy Power used a huge advertising campaign bait and switch before they allowed no sponsor on their shirts.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you'll find that it's clearly white and gold...

I've been pretty bored recently so made some home concept kits... thoughts?

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Acetone on the back of the sponsor is what you can use to remove the sponsorship logo. Pisses me off that people in the club sign off on things like this. 

Test the acetone on a small area first where you won't see it just in case it eats into the fabric. Failing that intense heat from a steam cleaner with a nozzle applied to the rear of the logo from the inside out might soften the adhesion enough for it to be peeled off. If that doesn't work give it to my Mother in Law as she manages to remove every logo known to man in only two or three washes and tumble drys.

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Sponsors aren't going to pay you money if they're not on the shirt.

Paddy Power used a huge advertising campaign bait and switch before they allowed no sponsor on their shirts.

Sorry, I understand the idea and financials behind a logo. It’s just that a gambling one for an area with unemployment doesn’t give off a good vibe to me. Plenty of sponsors out there and I would argue that more aesthetically pleasing ones as well

• Like 1

Some clubs do sponsor less. Celtic are one I think. 

I haven’t bought a Hummel shirt since we swapped, and I was always seeing stuff about how they’d fall apart, poor quality etc. Just seen an Everton fan on twitter complaining on Hummel’s Boro annoucement tweet.

Are they really that bad?

Just now, ManBearPig said:

Sorry, I understand the idea and financials behind a logo. It’s just that a gambling one for an area with unemployment doesn’t give off a good vibe to me. Plenty of sponsors out there and I would argue that more aesthetically pleasing ones as well

Thing is the club needs to get the best deal they can, atm unfortunately that seems to be via gambling companies. I don't like it, but I don't think if we had 5-6 equally good options we would have gone with the gambling company.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tarmo said:

Some clubs do sponsor less. Celtic are one I think. 

I haven’t bought a Hummel shirt since we swapped, and I was always seeing stuff about how they’d fall apart, poor quality etc. Just seen an Everton fan on twitter complaining on Hummel’s Boro annoucement tweet.

Are they really that bad?

No.. all shirts good quality bar the first one (the sooner fell off, which most people would appreciate)

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

No.. all shirts good quality bar the first one (the sooner fell off, which most people would appreciate)

I got one of the first ones and the sponsor came off within 3 washes. Complained and got a second one, same thing again! Wouldn't be so bad but it leaves an ugly shadow which doesn't come out.

Last years away kit was fine though 

2 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I really like this top and would of bought if it wasn't for the sponsor. But don't fancy paying £48 to walk around advertising a betting company thank you 🙂

The 32 Red is bad enough...though that didn't stop me buying the shirt with the poem on the inside-back.

But the "set your limits" bit just triggers me, so sadly I won't be opening my wallet this season.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I really like this top and would of bought if it wasn't for the sponsor. But don't fancy paying £48 to walk around advertising a betting company thank you 🙂

I am desperately hoping somebody in government grows a pair and decides to outlaw betting advertising in sports stadiums & sportswear etc.

God knows you get bombarded enough with ads on late-night TV, mobile apps etc.

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I am desperately hoping somebody in government grows a pair and decides to outlaw betting advertising in sports stadiums & sportswear etc.

God knows you get bombarded enough with ads on late-night TV, mobile apps etc.

I think it is, isn't it? By 2023 they want all betting sponsorships out of football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1