oneBoro Forum

20/21 - new kit

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

download.jpeg.781d013e01ad45c4d1ff3052fe2acc72.jpeg26219523_10155761925677931_1677344336698462994_n-1.thumb.jpg.9c87b9b0b429d03b3c574a55f2c0e266.jpg

They're both based on the 95/96 kits, with an added band on the home kit.

Interesting they chose that particular kit. That was the season we returned to the Premier League under Robson.

Hinting at ambitions for next season?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you'll find that it's clearly white and gold...

I've been pretty bored recently so made some home concept kits... thoughts?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, White Band said:

If you look closely, it does have a black band on the front. (I think - unless my eyes have been tricked by some sort of optical illusion) 

You're right - it just doesn't show very well...especially in the small image I was squinting at.

But what I mean was an all-blue shirt, which would make the black band a lot more obvious. Basically the same design as the home kit - just in black & blue.

2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Interesting they chose that particular kit. That was the season we returned to the Premier League under Robson.

Technically the year we returned to the Premier League under Robson was the Dickens shirts, lol

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

It's the 25th anniversary of our move into the Riverside, that's why those kits 🙂

• Thanks 1

I really dislike the white shorts and socks.. It looks like one of those away games where you have to wear half a kit to avoid clashing.

Always thought the team looks a lot smarter in full red. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

I really dislike the white shorts and socks.. It looks like one of those away games where you have to wear half a kit to avoid clashing.

Full red looks too much like Liverpool IMO.

Think a nice balance would be red shirt, white shorts & red socks. The shorts being the full kit equivalent of the white band on the shirt. 

• Like 2

The Jack Charlton white band kit is the best, complete with red shorts and red socks. The whole point of the White band is that we didn't look like a Liverpool.

I'd prefer it if the white band went all the way around the shirt rather than just across the front chest with the Boro badge in the centre of the white band. Any sponsorship should be beneath the band.

• Like 3

I can understand the Match day squad etc. needing to have the logo, but 25-30k fans, mostly on Teesside is that really going to make a difference to any marketing strategy? 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The Jack Charlton white band kit is the best, complete with red shorts and red socks. The whole point of the White band is that we didn't look like a Liverpool.

I'd prefer it if the white band went all the way around the shirt rather than just across the front chest with the Boro badge in the centre of the white band. Any sponsorship should be beneath the band.

While it is technically allowed, it would look a bit weird if our sponsor was on the stomach area of the shirt.

2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Totally agree full red for me. 

3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

While it is technically allowed, it would look a bit weird if our sponsor was on the stomach area of the shirt.

Better weird than taking over the kit and destroying the white band. There needs to be a balance and the size and positioning is an imposition. 

Think they might need to update the bumph on the website above the new kits:

"Find your new Boro shirt below, with the latest designs as worn by Paddy McNair, Adam Clayton and Daniel Ayala available in a selection of sizes."....

• Haha 2