oneBoro Forum

Neil Warnock, Steve Gibson & Long Term Vision?

18 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Indeed.

How did we get from Warnock, Gibson and the Long Term Vision to racism and climate change? 

confused computer GIF

Well, we're not actually allowed to discuss politics here...so the trick is to just sneakily derail whatever thread is currently most active.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As it's looking a virtual certainty that Warnock is going to get the job for next season, it's worth noting both the significant positives and negatives that will result from Warnock being our manager

👀Thanks for the invite, really appreciate it.

The Evening Gazette has said that Steve Gibson is against a director of football because it would add another 6 figure salary onto the wage bill. I can't help but question whether that is the true mot

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Well, we're not actually allowed to discuss politics here...so the trick is to just sneakily derail whatever thread is currently most active.

I hope this has shown you why we try not to discuss politics here. It's a mess.

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:
25 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Indeed.

How did we get from Warnock, Gibson and the Long Term Vision to racism and climate change? 

confused computer GIF

I thought it was clear that Steve’s & Neil’s long term vision works clearly to maintain life purely to support the advancement of MFC. Anything less is short sighted in my opinion 😉

33 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I thought it was clear that Steve’s & Neil’s long term vision works clearly to maintain life purely to support the advancement of MFC. Anything less is short sighted in my opinion 😉

Absolutely, if we don’t combat climate change, there will be no long term vision. 

1 hour ago, Will said:

Make stupid argument, try to critique opposing argument. It's going well for you mate.

There you go again with the insulting - is stupid a word you've just learned or something?

Be better

7 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Absolutely, if we don’t combat climate change, there will be no long term vision. 

Well we are doing our bit by deliberately not qualifying for Europe anymore. We could easily if we wanted to but have chosen to reduce our carbon footprint 👣 

• Haha 2
30 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Congrats on completely missing the point...and also being wrong

I'd say you're missing the point, you're going on about sympathy when we're talking about taking global devastation seriously enough to tackle it. You're going on about political pressure when the facts around climate change are clearer than those around COVID. You acknowledge that people can only do so much as individuals whilst also speaking about the extremists as if they need to grab those people's attention to begin with, writing an awful lot about what's wrong about what they did instead of acknowledging why they exist to begin with.

Once the facts present themselves to people in power, inaction is ignorance, it's nothing to do with sympathy for certain people or causes, continued existence is a selfish pursuit too, both on an individual level of those in power and collectively as a species. The only difference between this and COVID is the latter is affecting us significantly right now. Just like global pandemics, we can take preventative measures and in the opinion of those who know what they're talking about, we didn't do enough of that for a potential pandemic and we aren't doing enough of that for climate change. And we can see it. Extremism is born from that inaction, we need to acknowledge that rather than simply label them as idiots.

And I'll say again, away from the species-threatening climate issue, history would disagree with you about the effects of extreme protesting to begin with, especially when it comes to equality.

5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Well we are doing our bit by deliberately not qualifying for Europe anymore. We could easily if we wanted to but have chosen to reduce our carbon footprint 👣 

I'd say that was more of a Brexit issue, mate.

58 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Sneaky? I'm wandering around the internet spraying politics in all directions like a madman.

the simpsons scorpio GIF

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

There you go again with the insulting - is stupid a word you've just learned or something?

Be better

Who am I insulting? I'm not calling you stupid, the argument you are making is.

59 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Thought I had gone to the ComeOnBoro forum for a minute. But then I realized there are no F & C words. 😆

I think ComeOnBoro should be captured by the swear filter, to be honest. Some of that stuff around Yusuf was horrid.