oneBoro Forum

Neil Warnock, Steve Gibson & Long Term Vision?

Apparently we're considering offering Norwich City's head of recruitment, Kieran Scott, the role of Sporting Director:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15322827/middlesbrough-norwich-kieran-scott-teemu-pukki-emi-buendia/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=sunsporttwitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1624053465

I really hope this is true. If so, I hope that Kieran Scott actually has the power delegated to him without Gibson interfering like he did with Victor Orta. A top quality Sporting Director is more important than any individual signings this summer so this news has got me really excited.

• Like 4
  • Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As it's looking a virtual certainty that Warnock is going to get the job for next season, it's worth noting both the significant positives and negatives that will result from Warnock being our manager

👀Thanks for the invite, really appreciate it.

The Evening Gazette has said that Steve Gibson is against a director of football because it would add another 6 figure salary onto the wage bill. I can't help but question whether that is the true mot

Posted Images

4 hours ago, p_mards said:

Apparently we're considering offering Norwich City's head of recruitment, Kieran Scott, the role of Sporting Director:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15322827/middlesbrough-norwich-kieran-scott-teemu-pukki-emi-buendia/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=sunsporttwitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1624053465

I really hope this is true. If so, I hope that Kieran Scott actually has the power delegated to him without Gibson interfering like he did with Victor Orta. A top quality Sporting Director is more important than any individual signings this summer so this news has got me really excited.

God, please let this be true. A head of recruitment could finally instil a philosophy into our recruitment, rather than yo-yoing between enthusiastic rookie and grizzled veteran with no bridge between those opposing ideologies and recruitment strategies.

A Director of Football would be an even better appointment, but bringing in Kieran Scott would be a hell of a move considering how parochial we've been in recent years.

• Like 1

In Kieran Scott's interview with All in Yellow, which someone linked on here, he said his medium to long-term ambition is to move into a Sporting Director role. I really hope there is foundations to us being linked with him as he'll know Norwich City's successful recruitment processes inside and out.

None of it means anything if the Owner and his Chief Executive continue to do whatever they feel like.  We appointed Orta as Head of Recruitment, and then they sidestepped him whenever they wanted to sign someone else. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

None of it means anything if the Owner and his Chief Executive continue to do whatever they feel like.  We appointed Orta as Head of Recruitment, and then they sidestepped him whenever they wanted to sign someone else. 

exactly this.

Before was a weird time Orta was head of recruitment then head of European recruitment with Gill head of UK recruitment. Gibson had just come off the back of his gift giving (Woody, Downing and Rhodes). 

hopefully everyone has learnt from it and they don’t interfere anymore. I hope that if it goes pear shaped with this fella that we don’t through our the idea altogether.

• Like 3
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

Can anyone clarify if Gary Gill has left?

He went a while ago now mate. There we too many different people all trying to make different decisions and it just didn't work in the end

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

Can anyone clarify if Gary Gill has left?

I'm not sure. I'm sure someone ITK (maybe Lurker) said last year that he was in the process of being moved out. 

It's just a shame that it took Gibson a decade to realise he's useless.

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

He went a while ago now mate. There we too many different people all trying to make different decisions and it just didn't work in the end

Well that's what I thought but then I started thinking I might have dreamt it because I couldn't find any confirmation anywhere on the web, and there's a Gazette podcast from spring this year discussing whether or not he had actually left!

3 minutes ago, atypical_boro said:

Well that's what I thought but then I started thinking I might have dreamt it because I couldn't find any confirmation anywhere on the web, and there's a Gazette podcast from spring this year discussing whether or not he had actually left!

the club are notoriously poor for publicly stating when people leave.

• Like 1
Just now, atypical_boro said:
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

the club are notoriously poor for publicly stating when people leave.

Guess so but we knew about Bevington leaving.

Looks like its a promotion for this Norwich fella.

I suppose it would have to be. You wouldn't move 250 miles away to do the same job.

• Like 1