oneBoro Forum

Neil Warnock, Steve Gibson & Long Term Vision?

51 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

SG I imagine has spent a small fortune on his recent property in N. Yorks to get it exactly how he wants it to be. I'd wager that he employed skilled tradesmen to do the brickwork, plastering, plumbing and electricals even down to the painting and decorating, tiling and fitting of carpets.

No you're wrong. Actually Downing did the plumbing, Lee Cattermole wired the property and David Wheater laid the carpets. 

They messed it up but at least he gave the locals a chance. 

• Haha 2
  • Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As it's looking a virtual certainty that Warnock is going to get the job for next season, it's worth noting both the significant positives and negatives that will result from Warnock being our manager

👀Thanks for the invite, really appreciate it.

The Evening Gazette has said that Steve Gibson is against a director of football because it would add another 6 figure salary onto the wage bill. I can't help but question whether that is the true mot

Posted Images

I know the odds are slim, but once we bid farewell to Warnock, I'd love us to find another complete unknown like Karanka (hopefully with better man-management skills) or someone who's doing good things, under the radar, at an overseas 2nd or even 3rd tier team.

Rather than just get another old hand off the managerial carousel.

9 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I know the odds are slim, but once we bid farewell to Warnock, I'd love us to find another complete unknown like Karanka (hopefully with better man-management skills) or someone who's doing good things, under the radar, at an overseas 2nd or even 3rd tier team.

I'd say he was a little more than a complete unknown @AnglianRed

Assistant manager to Mourinho at Real Madrid, isn't to be scoffed at.

Be nice to have someone in that type mould though 👍

1 minute ago, HolgateBoy said:

Yeah we also beat premier League crystal palace to his signing. 

2 hours ago, HolgateBoy said:

Being an assistant is one thing...being the boss is another entirely. Sure he evidently learned a few things from Mourinho (not all of them good, as it turned out) but he had no track record as an actual manager.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I’d snap your hand off for Nigel Pearson. He bleeds boro and I don’t think he’d let players throw the towel in.  

Thats exactly the kind of thinking that gets you managers like Woodgate and co.

We don't need a manager to bleed boro we need a manager with an actual plan and vision for success, its not sunday league football. 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Aphex_Boro said:

Thats exactly the kind of thinking that gets you managers like Woodgate and co.

We don't need a manager to bleed boro we need a manager with an actual plan and vision for success, its not sunday league football. 

You raise a fair point!

Reiziger's contract expires with Ajax this Summer, might be a good time to get him on board in some capacity. He is 47 years old now so he wouldn't be a gullible Manager and has been at Ajax, Milan, Barca and of course the mighty Boro  during his playing career. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Reiziger's contract expires with Ajax this Summer, might be a good time to get him on board in some capacity. He is 47 years old now so he wouldn't be a gullible Manager and has been at Ajax, Milan, Barca and of course the mighty Boro  during his playing career. 

Great shout. If we have to go a different route, this would be a good way to go

• Like 2
20 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Warnock is very good at trying to make sure that he is 'not the problem'.

I still chuckle when I remember Dean Saunders pompously spouting all his grand plans for the following season after his team had been relegated .

He got the bullet the following day.

• Haha 1