oneBoro Forum

Neil Warnock, Steve Gibson & Long Term Vision?

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As it's looking a virtual certainty that Warnock is going to get the job for next season, it's worth noting both the significant positives and negatives that will result from Warnock being our manager

👀Thanks for the invite, really appreciate it.

The Evening Gazette has said that Steve Gibson is against a director of football because it would add another 6 figure salary onto the wage bill. I can't help but question whether that is the true mot

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Payero said:

Football fans especially boro fans are extremely fickle. 

So do you think nobody had a problem with Warnock before the last game? The last few? This season?

What do you think this thread even exists for?

36 minutes ago, Payero said:

I wouldn't say we are any more fickle than the fans of any other club.

After getting off to a good start, we had an okay first season under Warnock. Could have made the play-offs but had a disappointing run-in, losing 6 of our last 12 games.

This season, after getting more of his type of players in, we've managed 2 wins in 9 games. Our standard of play has worsened considerably and we're now at the stage where anyone can beat us quite comfortably, even when they have major injury problems.

The fact is, if we continue along our current trajectory, its entirely possible we could be fighting to avoid finishing 3rd bottom...and only because Derby & Reading's points deductions should guarantee they finish in the bottom 2.

You'd think Peterborough and Hull should struggle more than us...and they probably will. But nothing's a given in this league (except for us finding new and depressing ways to lose).

Boro's current points-per-game tally will put us on 46 points by the end of the season...certainly no guarantee of avoiding relegation.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Payero said:

I think that’s an unfair generalisation. Many Boro fans are loyal, steadfast in their  beliefs and not prone to shifting their opinions on a whim after a bad result.

For instance, I thought Warnock was a *** before he got here and I still think he’s a *** now. 

• Like 4