oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield W (A) 2-1 (McNair, Assombalonga)

Last game of the season and our defenders don't care, so Why should we, Why should I care to make this thread Any good? 

For you, dear Friends, for you! 

If Wigan get that 12 points deduction, we are safe... But is that a guarantee? 

Barnsley won v Forest and Huddersfield and Stoke found that little extra to beat good teams when needed, can we find something? 

If Charlton and Luton win while Brum gets a draw or a win while we lose, we Will end in the bottom three and rely on other teams to get deductions to stay up...  Let us know your thought on this? 

Did a half naked George Friend sitting alone in an empty Riverside make you sad? 

Do you want Warnock as our manager next season?

Will we get out of this mess within a season or two, or Will Netflix knock on our door to make a loser documentary about us? 

Do you have Any good questions? 

#UTMFB

• Like 6
  • Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a relief! Today's results just show how strong the championship league is!  A nice win and performance to finish of what can only be described as a absolutely shocking seasons for the f

Well final game day has arrived, the waiting on knowing what the future entails for Boro will soon be known. At least we all got here to witness the most bizarre turn of events in our lives and t

I’m a fan of Maddo purely for the way he commentates. He’s not a polished journalist spewing the same old cliche, non risqué drivel. He’s a fan. He gets excited and demonstrates a real passion and an

Posted Images

Brilliant song @SmogDane if not a little short. I think the Eurovision is calling you for next years song contest.

George sitting alone at the Riverside was indeed a sad sight. He deserved better for his years of service.

If we finish bottom 3 there will be no deduction for any team until next season. Guaranteed 🤬

28 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Last game of the season and our defenders don't care, so Why should we, 

Did a half naked George Friend sitting alone in an empty Riverside make you sad? 

Hmmm 🤔🤨

Wigan appeal will stand. I get people are nerveous but if you look at it logically there are limited grounds for appeal. What they arguing? Coranavirus? The thing that affected every team. I dont think so.

They deduction should not and will not mask what has been the worst season of following boro for many of us.

Team:

Stojanovic

Paddy Fry Friend

Dijk Wing Clayton Tav Coulson

Roberts

Britt

Prediction. Well we are away so we got a chance. I will go for 2-2. 

I am confident that we will survive by default due to Wigans 12point penalty being confirmed. No doubt at all in my mind.

I am as equally confident that we will get hammered on Wednesday, by Wednesday.

The mercurial ‘put a shift in’ Howson decided he didn’t want to so took a second booking in the style of a very similar player in Gary Oneil. Still it will be interesting to see just how good Mcnair and Saville will be, again!!!  Further forward Britt and Fletcher can run into opposite channels, leaving space behind for the dynamic midfield duo to exploit, but unfortunately they misread the opposition and the quick counter attack Led by Barry Bannan and the pacy  Atdhe Nuhiu make us pay yet again. Still it will be the defences fault.

They will tread off the pitch at the end, some laughing, some in conversation with their mates about their summer holidays and one or two might get ambushed by the radio guys. The excuses will roll out about how bad the season went and how it should not happen and how hard they are going to work to make sure it doesnt happen again. Then George will come on, possibly saying his goodbyes. I will get a bit of a lump in my throat at the circumstances  of his departure and Wonder why players whos commitment to the cause has been so lacking in comparison  are going to be here next year. Unfortunately due to covid I cannot be there to vent my spleen and release the anger I have at the players that have represented the Boro this season. But hopefully by the time we return to normal they will have all been sold and I can have a go at them as opposition players instead. Cant wait for next season. #UTB.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

If the appeal stands, doesn’t that mean that Wigan stay up?

Yes.  I think TLF meant if the appeal gets rejected, but said the opposite by mistake. 

6 minutes ago, White Band said:

Yes.  I think TLF meant if the appeal gets rejected, but said the opposite by mistake. 

I did. Thank you.

Sorry i meant to write. Wigans point deduction will stand. Apologies for the confusion.

It has been a confusing season and I am confusing matters more by meaning one thing and writing another.

4 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The most impressive thing about the opening post, is the existence of a Netto bag. Thought that shop had gone extinct!

In the UK they were bought out by Asda and then Sainsbury's, but in Denmark (their country of origin) they're still going strong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice one SD! Liking the nautical theme of your post (or your house at least). No pictures of longships though?

Barnsley won v Forest and Huddersfield and Stoke found that little extra to beat good teams when needed, can we find something? 

Amazingly I still think we can. Just checked Wednesday's recent form and its...indifferent to say the least. Like Boro they have done well on the road lately, but have been poor at home. This could be key.

If Charlton and Luton win while Brum gets a draw or a win while we lose, we Will end in the bottom three and rely on other teams to get deductions to stay up...  Let us know your thought on this? 

Very sad position to be in, where we are banking on other teams being deducted points in order to stay up. Would be partly relieved, but also partly embarrassed. Hopefully we do get the "W" that keeps us up!

Yes...I so wanted to go and give him a cuddle (properly masked up, of course)!

Do you want Warnock as our manager next season?

In lieu of any younger & better candidates, yes. I don't doubt his ability...just his motivation to continue. His age and numerous "1 more season" statements speak of impending retirement.

Will we get out of this mess within a season or two, or Will Netflix knock on our door to make a loser documentary about us?

Depends how long Warnock decides he wants to stay. If he does end up being here another 2 or 3 seasons, I think we will achieve stability and comfortable mid-table status. May even be bothering the top 6. If he goes after next season, we will be starting from scratch again.

Do you have Any good questions? 

Nope - you've already asked them all. 

• Thanks 1