oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield W (A) 2-1 (McNair, Assombalonga)

Sheffield Wednesday's home form has been almost as bad as Boro's. They beat Charlton six games ago and since then in the last five they have lost to Derby, West Brom and Preston and drawn against Forest and Huddersfield.

After Leeds, Boro have the second best away form in the Championship over the last six games having won four and lost two (Leeds have won five and lost one). 

In selective, emotional statistics we trust!

• Like 2
  • Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a relief! Today's results just show how strong the championship league is!  A nice win and performance to finish of what can only be described as a absolutely shocking seasons for the f

Well final game day has arrived, the waiting on knowing what the future entails for Boro will soon be known. At least we all got here to witness the most bizarre turn of events in our lives and t

I’m a fan of Maddo purely for the way he commentates. He’s not a polished journalist spewing the same old cliche, non risqué drivel. He’s a fan. He gets excited and demonstrates a real passion and an

Posted Images

So difficult to predict. Logic says nothing but defeat. But there simply is no logic when it comes to MFC this year.

Barnsley won v Forest and Huddersfield and Stoke found that little extra to beat good teams when needed, can we find something?

I think Monk will throw everything including the kitchen sink at us. But at the same time I actually fancy Boro to turn up in the way they did against Reading and Millwall.
So I believe we will come away with a hard fought point if not 3.

If Charlton and Luton win while Brum gets a draw or a win while we lose, we Will end in the bottom three and rely on other teams to get deductions to stay up...  Let us know your thought on this?

If it came to that I would snatch the hand off. And I wouldnt feel the least bit guilty. It's not like it has not happened to us in the past. For a far less reason.

Did a half naked George Friend sitting alone in an empty Riverside make you sad? 

No. I respect the guy for what he has done for the club but sitting half naked in an empty stadium in the UK is a hell of a lot better than sitting fully clothed where I am!

Do you want Warnock as our manager next season?

I think we could and have done a lot worse. So yes. I would like to see him rebuild.

Will we get out of this mess within a season or two, or Will Netflix knock on our door to make a loser documentary about us?

Maybe we will need the Netflix revenue to get out of the mess?

Do you have Any good questions? 

When will the nightmare end? And I am not just talking about MFC season. 😕

Edit...
I have another question. Why has Down South broke his promise about this game not being a nail biter? 😉😁😁

Edited by BoroAbroad
typo

Barnsley won v Forest and Huddersfield and Stoke found that little extra to beat good teams when needed, can we find something?

Hopefully and we're due a good result on the Jekyll/Hyde-ometer. We've managed to put together some positive results on the road and Sheff Wed's home form lately is poor albeit against decent sides. Monkbot in the dugout, Reach/Rhodes potentially on the pitch and Hillsborough holding some bad memories for us screams Typical Boro, though.

If Charlton and Luton win while Brum gets a draw or a win while we lose, we Will end in the bottom three and rely on other teams to get deductions to stay up...  Let us know your thought on this? 

Really hope it doesn't come to this. As unlikely as it is to be overturned...it would be very Boro, wouldn't it? As an aside, the EFL fit and proper test needs a major review as Wigan's takeover looks like real shady business.

Did a half naked George Friend sitting alone in an empty Riverside make you sad?

Incredibly so. He's nowhere near the level of player he has been in the past but he's put his all in for the club since the minute he turned up, on and off the pitch. I'd like him to stay on as cover in an ideal world as we'll need bodies next season even with several summer signings.

Do you want Warnock as our manager next season?

Never thought I'd say it, but yes. For all the talk of somebody who could come in for a 3 or 4 year project, playing a certain way, there isn't a solid enough foundation at the club for someone to achieve that right now (that's a deeper matter for another time). We need someone to set the stage, as Mogga did for Karanka, and there aren't many better suited than Warnock that we could attract. Plus the short turnaround to next season wouldn't help with yet another new face at the helm.

Will we get out of this mess within a season or two, or Will Netflix knock on our door to make a loser documentary about us? 

We should do, but given our recent record the latter looks just as likely. 

• Like 1

Barnsley won v Forest and Huddersfield and Stoke found that little extra to beat good teams when needed, can we find something? 

Yep. Schizophrenic Boro are due a roaring win after the last game being a dreary loss. I honestly think we'll get a result here. Warnock hates Shef Wed and we hate Monk! 2-1 Boro. Saville and Fletcher

If Charlton and Luton win while Brum gets a draw or a win while we lose, we Will end in the bottom three and rely on other teams to get deductions to stay up...  Let us know your thought on this? 

They won't all get the results they need. One or two of them maybe, but not all of them. Their lack of quality will show.

Maybe he was modeling the new 'nude' colour home kit. Like one of them cooking aprons that makes you look like a hunk....

Do you want Warnock as our manager next season?

Yes. If we continue our form since he arrived, never mind improving any, or getting some actual defenders in, we'll be well in the top half.

Will we get out of this mess within a season or two, or Will Netflix knock on our door to make a loser documentary about us?

Don't Disney own the rights to Mickey Mouse stuff? 

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, estonpidge said:

going for a 1-1 draw and hoping for a win to keep NW's 50% win rate intact 😂

We probably are due a draw, been a while and one that I would welcome at this time.

Boy has this season dragged out and we are still in squeeky bum time and who would have thought that the very last game and one with possible ramifications based on the resut and of others would get the title of THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON! and no mention of ...................so far!!!!🙂

• Like 1

We all know were going to get spanked, hopefully mogga can do us afavour and take something from Luton.  Cannot wait for this season to end.  Have to keep Warnockn, massive clear out needed

It's sh** or bust this isn't it. Limited resources available. Need a good start. I'll go for

Pears

Johnson

Friend

Fry

Dijksteel

McNair

Roberts

Coulson

Spence

Fletcher

Assombalonga

Pace and a ability to pass a ball. It's a shoot out to stay up. Need to score more than them.

23 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Nope, he had a family thing to attend to at the weekend, which is why he wasn't there.

So not quite time to say

GGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMM!

Just for you Brunners😉

I'd like to say give the players who will be hear next season the chance to stay up, but could'nt but an 11 together so were left with this mixture

Team for me:

.................Pears...............

......Fry.......Friend...... McNair........

Coulsen.......................Spence

....... Saville..... Calyton...... Tav

Fletcher..Assombalonga

Pears

Dijksteel McNair Fry Friend Johnson

Clayton

Roberts Tavernier

Fletcher Assombalonga

I don't particularly like the line-up, but I don't trust our defending enough to not have 5 defenders.

Pears

Dijk, Fry, Friend 

Spence.               Johnson

Saville.       Tav

Roberts

Fletcher,     Ass

Warnock now saying he's got to try to convince Clayton to play and he doesn't know how many subs he will be able to name. I worry there could be other players not wanting to risk an injury. We could end up with only these players available.

Pears

Coulson

Fry

McNair

Dijksteel

Saville

Tavernier

Roberts

Wing

Fletcher

Assombalonga

Subs