oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield W (A) 2-1 (McNair, Assombalonga)

1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

No, the lazy argument is to blame scouts, coaches and managers, none of whom go out on the pitch and play for the boro.

So based onn your argument it does not matter who the manager is. The players should be performing regardless. Based on your argument whether its me, you, Woodgate or Warnock in charge the outcome should be the same?

• Like 2
  • Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a relief! Today's results just show how strong the championship league is!  A nice win and performance to finish of what can only be described as a absolutely shocking seasons for the f

Well final game day has arrived, the waiting on knowing what the future entails for Boro will soon be known. At least we all got here to witness the most bizarre turn of events in our lives and t

I’m a fan of Maddo purely for the way he commentates. He’s not a polished journalist spewing the same old cliche, non risqué drivel. He’s a fan. He gets excited and demonstrates a real passion and an

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Yes, they're absolutely not good enough, at least as a team/squad. But I've not seen any of them not trying.

Everyone sees different things. The most Inhave seen howson try is on saturday when he wanted tomorrow off. There was absolutely no need for that at all. He is living on easy street and I dont think he gives a 5hit. Mcnair and Saville never influence a game. They turn up and go through the motions, never doing any more than that. Fletcher is as brave as a pea, running into blind alleys and never bringing anyone else into the game and Britt is a striker of bygone years, needing 5 or 6 chances to score, never looking too upset when he misses. Again, in the comfort zone. The club has regressed because of these players who have it too easy and dont have the character to try harder.

7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

So based onn your argument it does not matter who the manager is. The players should be performing regardless. Based on your argument whether its me, you, Woodgate or Warnock in charge the outcome should be the same?

The style might be different but the effort should be 100% and some. Yes, my argument is based on the fact that players need to take responsibility. How many managers do they need before they start performing?

2 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

Everyone sees different things. The most Inhave seen howson try is on saturday when he wanted tomorrow off. There was absolutely no need for that at all. He is living on easy street and I dont think he gives a 5hit. Mcnair and Saville never influence a game. They turn up and go through the motions, never doing any more than that. Fletcher is as brave as a pea, running into blind alleys and never bringing anyone else into the game and Britt is a striker of bygone years, needing 5 or 6 chances to score, never looking too upset when he misses. Again, in the comfort zone. The club has regressed because of these players who have it too easy and dont have the character to try harder.

Really don’t see how you can question Howson’s character. He’s quite clearly a top pro and never gives less than 100%. He lost his head yeah but it happens. Saville too, clear to see he cares and I think he’s been a solid performer this season. Harsh on Fletcher too although agreed he should use his strength and size more.  

Britt and Paddy you could sometimes say their body language isn’t the best but yeah you’re right when you say everyone sees different things!

Well final game day has arrived, the waiting on knowing what the future entails for Boro will soon be known.

At least we all got here to witness the most bizarre turn of events in our lives and the footballing world.

Let's spare a thought, give a prayer if you wish, to those supporters who did not get to see this day and to everyone else whose lives have been devestated because of what we have gone through and still are going through.

Football is not the be all and end all of our lives but it has helped us concentrate on other issues and allowed us to be still part of another community whose wishes and hopes are the same as our own.

MFC is in our blood and DNA and thank you everyone for being part of the forum as I am sure being able to contribute has helped in a small way.

In saying that it is time to check what new disguise Adam is using to get back onto the forum Karanka King and King Pearson were the latest😉

• Like 11
19 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Well final game day has arrived, the waiting on knowing what the future entails for Boro will soon be known.

At least we all got here to witness the most bizarre turn of events in our lives and the footballing world.

Let's spare a thought, give a prayer if you wish, to those supporters who did not get to see this day and to everyone else whose lives have been devestated because of what we have gone through and still are going through.

Football is not the be all and end all of our lives but it has helped us concentrate on other issues and allowed us to be still part of another community whose wishes and hopes are the same as our own.

MFC is in our blood and DNA and thank you everyone for being part of the forum as I am sure being able to contribute has helped in a small way.

In saying that it is time to check what new disguise Adam is using to get back onto the forum Karanka King and King Pearson were the latest😉

He does like to shoehorn the name King into his profile. Personally I’m looking forward to his Chinese alter ego ‘Wan’ to make an appearance 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Well chaps and chapesses.  Tonight is the night. This is going to be the best league to watch by far.

I read somewhere that out of the 12 games being played 11 of them have something riding on them. As a fan of football I find that totally fascinating. And kind of intiguing that for some reason the Championship does not get the publicity it should.

I am really looking forward to tonight's game myself.

Even when taking into account the possible events that could follow with all that's going on in the EFL corridors at the moment. It is going to be a nervy affair. But damn it's exciting.

So all in all this night is going to be the most anticipated night I have had in a long long time.  I will get my bottle of vin rouge and look to catch a stream. Failing that I will be watching live updates and closely monitoring this board.

Hang onto your hats guys. It's going to be bumpy.

Lets hope it's our night.

UTB

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Well chaps and chapesses.  Tonight is the night. This is going to be the best league to watch by far.

I read somewhere that out of the 12 games being played 11 of them have something riding on them. As a fan of football I find that totally fascinating. And kind of intiguing that for some reason the Championship does not get the publicity it should.

Even when taking into account the possible events that could follow with all that's going on in the EFL corridors at the moment. It is going to be a nervy affair. But damn it's exciting.

So all in all this night is going to be the most anticipated night I have had in a long long time.  I will get my bottle of vin rouge and look to catch a stream. Failing that I will be watching live updates and closely monitoring this board.

UTB

Absolutely incredible that after 45 games 11 out of 12 final games have something riding on them. It is a brilliant league in that context.

I just want Boro to look after themselves tonight and rely on nothing else. UTB 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

The style might be different but the effort should be 100% and some. Yes, my argument is based on the fact that players need to take responsibility. How many managers do they need before they start performing?

Normally I'd agree with you.

In fact, I've made the argument quite a few times, both in relation to Boro and other clubs, that players get far too easy a ride and never face the consequences when things go bad.

However, in our particular case, given the number of managers, coaching setups and squad changes we've been through in the last few years, there are definitely mitigating circumstances.

We have a squad of players who were brought in under different managers, some are no longer wanted, quite a few are out of contract, being played out of position, or simply not good enough.

Throw a clueless manager and useless coaching staff into the mix and is it really surprising that we are where we are?

Boro need to get a good manager & coaching staff in place, as well as sorting out the scouting / recruitment side, to allow the manger to build the kind of side they want.

Sure we have an experienced manager right now, but he's basically doing a firefighting job, making do with the mess left behind by his predecessor.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

UTB

Because the Premier League is the only league that matters. Its where all the money is, the big name teams, players and the best football...

iron man eye roll GIF

...if you believe the hype... 

If you've listened to any pundits, whether on MOTD, Sky or wherever, you'll have noticed their condescending attitude to the Championship, when it comes to the quality / style of football. About the only positive and accurate thing they say is the well-worn cliché that its an "anyone can beat anyone league".

Thats the very reason there is so much riding on so many games, right to the end of the season. Unlike a certain other overhyped league...

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Because the Premier League is the only league that matters. Its where all the money is, the big name teams, players and the best football...

iron man eye roll GIF

...if you believe the hype... 

If you've listened to any pundits, whether on MOTD, Sky or wherever, you'll have noticed their condescending attitude to the Championship, when it comes to the quality / style of football. About the only positive and accurate thing they say is the well-worn cliché that its an "anyone can beat anyone league".

Thats the very reason there is so much riding on so many games, right to the end of the season. Unlike a certain other overhyped league...

Don’t even get me started on talkSPORT. Very rarely mention the championship. Unless it’s that gobs**te Adrian Durham and then it’s only to slag it off. I mean does that guy even like sport at all, the way he goes on 😡

• Like 1