oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield W (A) 2-1 (McNair, Assombalonga)

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a relief! Today's results just show how strong the championship league is!  A nice win and performance to finish of what can only be described as a absolutely shocking seasons for the f

Well final game day has arrived, the waiting on knowing what the future entails for Boro will soon be known. At least we all got here to witness the most bizarre turn of events in our lives and t

I’m a fan of Maddo purely for the way he commentates. He’s not a polished journalist spewing the same old cliche, non risqué drivel. He’s a fan. He gets excited and demonstrates a real passion and an

Posted Images

Just now, thatoldchestnut said:

Quite why the EFL couldnt have deducted the points when they made the decision I cant understand. Then anyone looking at the league table would know.

Because they needed to know whether Wigan were going to get relegated anyway, if they got relegated the points deduction would be applied next season.

• Like 1
Just now, thatoldchestnut said:

Quite why the EFL couldnt have deducted the points when they made the decision I cant understand. Then anyone looking at the league table would know.

because the rule is designed to stop teams going into administration just because they're already relegated to start the following season with a clean slate.

• Like 1

I wonder if there will be any "delayed" kick offs tonight, quite accidentally of course and due to circumstances beyond the Clubs control. It would however be extremely convenient to know that a draw or a much needed equaliser or winner was needed with say twenty minutes remaining. 

Well hopefully we get the win tonight or a draw as I don't want us to be in 22nd waiting anxiously for the appeal verdict. The club won't be able to plan on the recruitment side will be a horrible mess. So please boro don't let us be in that position just go to Hillsborough and get the win 

3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Normally I'd agree with you.

In fact, I've made the argument quite a few times, both in relation to Boro and other clubs, that players get far too easy a ride and never face the consequences when things go bad.

However, in our particular case, given the number of managers, coaching setups and squad changes we've been through in the last few years, there are definitely mitigating circumstances.

We have a squad of players who were brought in under different managers, some are no longer wanted, quite a few are out of contract, being played out of position, or simply not good enough.

Throw a clueless manager and useless coaching staff into the mix and is it really surprising that we are where we are?

Boro need to get a good manager & coaching staff in place, as well as sorting out the scouting / recruitment side, to allow the manger to build the kind of side they want.

Sure we have an experienced manager right now, but he's basically doing a firefighting job, making do with the mess left behind by his predecessor.

Hi Anglian. The arguments thrown back are often about recruitment and scouting. I agree with those sentiments because from what I am saying is the players are not good enough, not just their ability but their application. But people are suggesting the players are good enough and the application is there. So are the scouts doing a bad job in their eyes. Anyway, its the matchday thread so hope results go our way tonight 👍

12 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Hi Anglian. The arguments thrown back are often about recruitment and scouting. I agree with those sentiments because from what I am saying is the players are not good enough, not just their ability but their application. But people are suggesting the players are good enough and the application is there. So are the scouts doing a bad job in their eyes. Anyway, its the matchday thread so hope results go our way tonight 👍

You're making two statements in this sentence. One of which I agree with and one of which I don't. Which I feel is the same stance of anyone else who challenged you on that view.

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

You're making two statements in this sentence. One of which I agree with and one of which I don't. Which I feel is the same stance of anyone else who challenged you on that view.

As I said it's the match day thread and we are never going to agree. You are obviously happy with either their ability or application. Qualities identified by our scouts that you don't seem to rate. To me application isn't just turning up and going through the motions. The Irish lads seem to give 100% when playing for Ireland, performances I've never seen from them ever in a Boro shirt. 

I'm trying to be optimistic but I'm only succeeding in being optimistically pessimistic.

I'd love to see a committed battling display and a win or a draw but I wont be surprised to see a capitulation and if that happens the thought of players laughing and chatting as they run off will leave a very bad taste, if it happens.

Then there's what will happen next. With SG in charge I just can't see any improvement. I can't see him appointing a director of football as that'll mean less control so how can the club move forward? Time will tell I suppose but at the moment I'm about as pessimistic about the clubs future as I've ever been. More of the same we've seen in recent years but with survival in the championship may be the best we can realistically hope for.

55 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Brum lose to Derby as well

With them all playing in Flip-Flops anything could happen...We just need to turn up WANTING to win at all costs

4 hours ago, Uwe said:

Don’t even get me started on talkSPORT. Very rarely mention the championship. Unless it’s that gobs**te Adrian Durham and then it’s only to slag it off. I mean does that guy even like sport at all, the way he goes on 😡

Stopped listening to them some time ago,I phoned in on a rant about some thing 40 mins hanging on the line at 50p a min...2 sessions of adverts too...Cured of that now tho 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Blanco said:

Thanks for the Star Wars reference AR because I hadn’t got a clue what you were on about 😃.

Agree re concentration for the rest of the day. I can’t think about anything else 😱

I dint know either

3 hours ago, Downsouth said:

With the points you raised and I totally agree with you actually means we are not technically safe but boy some strange results need to happen to relegate us.

Have a feeling there will be some nasty tastes in various mouths tonight

And strange results seem to be happening at the moment