oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield W (A) 2-1 (McNair, Assombalonga)

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a relief! Today's results just show how strong the championship league is!  A nice win and performance to finish of what can only be described as a absolutely shocking seasons for the f

Well final game day has arrived, the waiting on knowing what the future entails for Boro will soon be known. At least we all got here to witness the most bizarre turn of events in our lives and t

I’m a fan of Maddo purely for the way he commentates. He’s not a polished journalist spewing the same old cliche, non risqué drivel. He’s a fan. He gets excited and demonstrates a real passion and an

Posted Images

I had a dream last night that we lost 1-0 tonight...against Charlton.  I don't know what it means, other than I make even less sense asleep than I do when I'm awake, but I wanted to let you all know so that you are suitably prepared.  We also ended up finishing 3rd bottom 😱 

• Haha 1

Technically, tonight's result shouldn't matter. Wigan's appeal is bound to fail - you'd need to be three stops short of Dagenham to accept the force majeure argument, considering the club was sold months after the pandemic.

And yet I'm still finding it hard to concentrate on work today (hence posting on here at 2.44pm).

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I had a dream last night that we lost 1-0 tonight...against Charlton.  I don't know what it means, other than I make even less sense asleep than I do when I'm awake, but I wanted to let you all know so that you are suitably prepared.  We also ended up finishing 3rd bottom 😱 

There’s a simple explanation for this CT......

Your dream was obviously played out on @AnglianRed  stream.....

Solved it for you 👍

• Haha 6
2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I wonder if there will be any "delayed" kick offs tonight, quite accidentally of course and due to circumstances beyond the Clubs control. It would however be extremely convenient to know that a draw or a much needed equaliser or winner was needed with say twenty minutes remaining. 

46 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

And strange results seem to be happening at the moment 

Am I right in remembering that Jimmy Hill's Coventry did exactly that in the 70s? They were playing someone at home and it needed to be a draw for them both to stop up after 'another' game had finished? There was a mysterious delay to kick-off time, which meant they could tap the ball to each other for the last 15 minutes...and send Sunderland down!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Johnny A said:

Am I right in remembering that Jimmy Hill's Coventry did exactly that in the 70s? They were playing someone at home and it needed to be a draw for them both to stop up after 'another' game had finished? There was a mysterious delay to kick-off time, which meant they could tap the ball to each other for the last 15 minutes...and send Sunderland down!

Perish the thought but sadly that thought could indeed perish🤥

13 minutes ago, Johnny A said:

From memory the Coventry floodlights conveniently failed for around a quarter or half an hour or some such thing before Kick Off.

26 minutes ago, Johnny A said:

Yeah that did happen.   It also happened again in 96/97, Coventry's game at Spurs kicking off 15 mins later than our game at Leeds and Sunderland's at Wimbledon I think?  Just one of those things I guess 🤨

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah that did happen.   It also happened again in 96/97, Coventry's game at Spurs kicking off 15 mins later than our game at Leeds and Sunderland's at Wimbledon I think?  Just one of those things I guess 🤨

Yeah right

11 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Yeah right

I'll have you know that there was a crash on the M1 (for the first time in history) that delayed them and required the kick off to be moved back 15 mins.  It was all above board 🤭

I remember our League Cup final replay earlier that season at Hillsborough, where the traffic from Teesside had massive delays, and they were kind enough to also put the kick off back, although nowhere near long enough for a lot of Boro fans to get there in time.  I got into the ground somewhere near half time having ran a few miles from where our car was ditched.  Loads of Boro fans were just going into pubs to watch it on the box and there were a lot more Boro fans behind us as well so God knows what time they got there or if they even bothered at all.

A truly mental season.

Just checked to see what the bookies think our chances of relegation are (if Wigan’s appeal is successful). 

An accumulator of Charlton to beat Leeds, Sheff Wed to beat us, Luton to beat Blackburn and Birmingham not to lose comes in at 30-1. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I think we need to find new accommodation for you. The nurses there obviously aren't keeping up with your medication schedule. 😝

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

There’s a simple explanation for this CT......

Your dream was obviously played out on @AnglianRed  stream.....

Solved it for you 👍

Hey - don't drag me into CT's issues. I'm only responsible for my own weirdness (and tardy streams). 

• Haha 2
38 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Just checked to see what the bookies think our chances of relegation are (if Wigan’s appeal is successful). 

An accumulator of Charlton to beat Leeds, Sheff Wed to beat us, Luton to beat Blackburn and Birmingham not to lose comes in at 30-1. 

I suspect every time Jeff Stelling says "and there's news of a goal" tonight, my sphincter muscle will contract slightly. By the end of the night, it'll probably have turned inside out or vanished entirely, though what that'll mean for my sofa is unclear.

• Haha 2