oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield W (A) 2-1 (McNair, Assombalonga)

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Depends on how much stock you put in Warnocks quotes that he was going to try and convince Clayton to be available

Suppose it also depends on the reason he missed the last game.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a relief! Today's results just show how strong the championship league is!  A nice win and performance to finish of what can only be described as a absolutely shocking seasons for the f

Well final game day has arrived, the waiting on knowing what the future entails for Boro will soon be known. At least we all got here to witness the most bizarre turn of events in our lives and t

I’m a fan of Maddo purely for the way he commentates. He’s not a polished journalist spewing the same old cliche, non risqué drivel. He’s a fan. He gets excited and demonstrates a real passion and an

Posted Images

Hopefully Britt doesn't repeat his performance from the game at the Riverside....I still can't understand how he missed those two chances...especially the first.....time to redeem yourself... 

12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Depends on how much stock you put in Warnocks quotes that he was going to try and convince Clayton to be available

I thought that Warnock had decided before the last game that Clayton wasn't going to play a part and told him he could therefore miss the game but that he'd probably be available for the final game if Warnock decided to select him?

Warnock said: "I saw both Adam and Ravel yesterday and said to them that they needn’t be involved, but he (Clayton) would be available on Wednesday if I wanted him.

“He was doing something family-wise, and I said to him, ‘That’s okay’. But I think he’ll be available for Wednesday if I want him to be."

The manager said: “We had a chat yesterday, and I decided it was OK for him to miss the game. His contract is up, and I’m sure it will be discussed with everybody else’s contracts who are up."

Just now, Skinemrippers said:

Interesting that Warnock hasn’t started Wing yet. I think he was hyped this year and has obviously scored some decent goals but overall contribution not enough. 

Probably because of what he saw when he came on as a substitute. Can't remember what game it was, but he came on as a sub and kept passing the ball to the other team

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Yet another flip in formation.. seems to be every game under warnock, even more so than it was under woodgate 

Howson is suspended, Pears had a bit of a mare last time out and he has gone with Britt over Roberts how does that constitute a flip?

To emphasise the point Warnock has only named 6 subs, he couldn't flip even if he wanted to. By all means criticise him when and where its due but its a bit harsh when he can't even name a full bench and one of those six who is named is a teenager.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Warnock said: "I saw both Adam and Ravel yesterday and said to them that they needn’t be involved, but he (Clayton) would be available on Wednesday if I wanted him.

“He was doing something family-wise, and I said to him, ‘That’s okay’. But I think he’ll be available for Wednesday if I want him to be."

The manager said: “We had a chat yesterday, and I decided it was OK for him to miss the game. His contract is up, and I’m sure it will be discussed with everybody else’s contracts who are up."

He later said:

On Saturday, Warnock said the veteran midfielder missed the match for personal reasons but in his pre-match press conference, he admits that Clayton has yet to commit to playing against Wednesday.

The 31-year-old is out of contract though reportedly signed a waiver to play in this month’s remaining Championship fixtures.

Asked about Clayton’s availability, Warnock said: “I will speak to Adam. He wasn’t available but I’m going to speak to him later on today about that.”

Yeah, that was why I said assuming it was Warnock who made the decision because I don't think it's quite clear either way.  I don't think he'd have started tonight and I suspect he didn't want to be on the bench so possibly a bit of both.