oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield W (A) 2-1 (McNair, Assombalonga)

On 7/20/2020 at 10:44 PM, boro-unger said:

Barnsley won v Forest and Huddersfield and Stoke found that little extra to beat good teams when needed, can we find something? 

Yep. Schizophrenic Boro are due a roaring win after the last game being a dreary loss. I honestly think we'll get a result here. Warnock hates Shef Wed and we hate Monk! 2-1 Boro. Saville and Fletcher

Just saying... I'm the Oracle of OneBoro. Apart from goalscorers... Can't do them.

• Like 1
  • Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a relief! Today's results just show how strong the championship league is!  A nice win and performance to finish of what can only be described as a absolutely shocking seasons for the f

Well final game day has arrived, the waiting on knowing what the future entails for Boro will soon be known. At least we all got here to witness the most bizarre turn of events in our lives and t

I’m a fan of Maddo purely for the way he commentates. He’s not a polished journalist spewing the same old cliche, non risqué drivel. He’s a fan. He gets excited and demonstrates a real passion and an

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

One of our best performers since the restart?  Johnson?  Are you having a laugh?

Man did he kill your dog or something? The man has done all we asked from him, has provided a relatively consistent threat down the left and has provided a number of great crosses. It's his best spell as a Boro player and I, personally, believe him to be in the top 3 or 4 performers across all of Warnocks 8 games. He's dodgy defensively, he always will be, but I think he's done a decent job at a role he's not suited for & should be applauded for doing so.

Saville is another one that I believe has been one of our best performers since the restart, or are you going to disagree there again?

Sav, Tav, Howson, Johnson & Dijksteel (in the last 3 games) have been the players I've been most impressed with over Warnocks 8 games.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

Just saying... I'm the Oracle of OneBoro. Apart from goalscorers... Can't do them.

Nearly though, you had the wrong CM & the wrong ST, but right idea!

• Like 1

Panic, what panic!

Good we know where we are and what has to be done.

For the last 8 games my lad paid for the home games and I paid for the away games did not think at the time I would end up 100% and he with zero, thank goodness for playing away!

Can I thank each and every member who produced the mach day threads this season even if it means SmogDane opening the matchday threads next time round.

Also thank you all for contributing to the threads, we have achieved the 3rd highest total post wise for a season with a very healthy average of 482 posts for every single game.

And finally well done to Barnsley I hope you have got a great lawyer for what might come.

What a roller coaster and unforgetable season this has been

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Panic, what panic!

Good we know where we are and what has to be done.

For the last 8 games my lad paid for the home games and I paid for the away games did not think at the time I would end up 100% and he with zero, thank goodness for paying away!

Can I thank each and every member who produced the mach day threads this season even if it means SmoDane opening the matchday threads next time round.

Also thank you all for contributing to the threads, we have achieved the 3rd highest total post wise for a season with a very healthy average of 482 posts for every single game.

And finally well done to Barnsley I hope you have got a great lawyer for what might come.

What a roller coaster and unforgetable season this has been

Are you telling me I'll never be able to forget this season?!😭

Johnson has done well as a wing back and has done his best to play out of position when Warnock obviously didn’t fancy Coulson. He’s out of contract but has played every match - putting the team ahead of  himself unlike Ayala, Gestede, Shotton and Clayton. 

I don’t think we’ll offer him a contract (I wouldn’t be aghast if we did though) but think he deserves some respect for the way he’s fought for the team in these last 8 matches. Would have him over any of the players who wouldn’t commit or Nmecha and Morrison. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Man did he kill your dog or something? The man has done all we asked from him, has provided a relatively consistent threat down the left and has provided a number of great crosses. It's his best spell as a Boro player and I, personally, believe him to be in the top 3 or 4 performers across all of Warnocks 8 games. He's dodgy defensively, he always will be, but I think he's done a decent job at a role he's not suited for & should be applauded for doing so.

Saville is another one that I believe has been one of our best performers since the restart, or are you going to disagree there again?

Sav, Tav, Howson, Johnson & Dijksteel (in the last 3 games) have been the players I've been most impressed with over Warnocks 8 games.

I actually understand where you are coming from, he's done an okay job in a position which is unnatural to him and at least he has shown some loyalty by playing out of contract till the end of season (same as friend) and they deserve massive credit for that.

I am sure we will get some stats thrown at us to show us that he's been terrible, but I see where you are coming from.

Not sure I would be keeping him at the club as I think it's time for a complete fresh start that we require this summer.

Tavernier, Saville, McNair and I'd say Britt (god 1st for everything) have really performed in these last 8 games under Warnock.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

No, he just didn't play very well for us.  He has provided a few good crosses, a number of smacked hopeful balls into the area and that's about it.  If that was his best spell as a Boro player then that says a great deal about just how bloody bad he's been in the time he's been here.  1 assist for the great attacking player and you just named 5 players there who you yourself believed have been better so what does that say!  You can add Fletcher and Assombalonga to that list as well as they've both done their jobs better than Johnson has.  

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, he just didn't play very well for us.  He has provided a few good crosses, a number of smacked hopeful balls into the area and that's about it.  If that was his best spell as a Boro player then that says a great deal about just how bloody bad he's been in the time he's been here.  1 assist for the great attacking player and you just named 5 players there who you yourself believed have been better so what does that say!  You can add Fletcher and Assombalonga to that list as well as they've both done their jobs better than Johnson has.  

Actually I named 4 others because Johnson was one of the 5 I named 🙂

• Like 1

Been having a few cans to celebrate that, Absolutely fantastic to see us survive. Warnock I'd argue has saved us from the brown and smelly there. Genuine shame to see Wigan get relegated on a points dedication. Absolute crying shame that. 

Wonder what Mrs Warnock must be thinking about him potentially getting in to yet another job after his retirement some 10 years ago, and I also wonder if Blackford will ever get that kitchen done! 

5 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I actually understand where you are coming from, he's done an okay job in a position which is unnatural to him and at least he has shown some loyalty by playing out of contract till the end of season (same as friend) and they deserve massive credit for that.

I am sure we will get some stats thrown at us to show us that he's been terrible, but I see where you are coming from.

Not sure I would be keeping him at the club as I think it's time for a complete fresh start that we require this summer.

Tavernier, Saville, McNair and I'd say Britt (god 1st for everything) have really performed in these last 8 games under Warnock.

Let's be honest we have seen awful displays from each and every player up to end of season not many of come through this season with flying colours however I think we can all agree that improvement has been noticed and that maybe we have the start of a better team moving ahead, one that quickly starts winning at home.

The form at home since boxing day has been nothing short of disastarous and many players were responsible for that