oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield W (A) 2-1 (McNair, Assombalonga)

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Actually I named 4 others because Johnson was one of the 5 I named 🙂

Sorry you did, that's how ineffective he's been, I couldn't even see his name in your list 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a relief! Today's results just show how strong the championship league is!  A nice win and performance to finish of what can only be described as a absolutely shocking seasons for the f

Well final game day has arrived, the waiting on knowing what the future entails for Boro will soon be known. At least we all got here to witness the most bizarre turn of events in our lives and t

I’m a fan of Maddo purely for the way he commentates. He’s not a polished journalist spewing the same old cliche, non risqué drivel. He’s a fan. He gets excited and demonstrates a real passion and an

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I actually understand where you are coming from, he's done an okay job in a position which is unnatural to him and at least he has shown some loyalty by playing out of contract till the end of season (same as friend) and they deserve massive credit for that.

I am sure we will get some stats thrown at us to show us that he's been terrible, but I see where you are coming from.

Not sure I would be keeping him at the club as I think it's time for a complete fresh start that we require this summer.

Tavernier, Saville, McNair and I'd say Britt (god 1st for everything) have really performed in these last 8 games under Warnock.

I agree, I wasn't saying that we should keep him at the club, just that I think he's done a decent job all things considered.

And yes you (and @Changing Times) are probably right about Britt, he's been really good since Warnock came in. 

Britt 5 goals in 8 games under NW (6 starts) would've been interesting to see him and Fletch in a front 2 with some creativity behind them for a full season but we're pretty much forced to sell him 

39 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

We looked equally as bad vs Hull, Cardiff, qpr and Bristol. 

All about opinions and in my opinion I don't think Woodgate would have been able to turn it around because I  don't think he has the ability to do that..

45 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

It didn't matter what was happening at Birmingham, unless he thought Charlton were going to fight back and put 5 past the champions.  I honestly don't know why he was trying to sensationalize something that wasn't there, its either poor commentary or he can't add up.

I think you're the one doing the sensationalising, mate. It's the lads first night in the commentary box and he did sod all wrong. You make it out like he was saying there was still chance we'd go down and for one, wow, big deal, what on Earth is so wrong with that that you want to take him to town for it... for two, the lad hinted we were safe for a second and Maddo had a go at him for it. Not in a nasty way but still.

Him and the lad against Cardiff were both better than Drury, for me.

14 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Let's be honest we have seen awful displays from each and every player up to end of season not many of come through this season with flying colours however I think we can all agree that improvement has been noticed and that maybe we have the start of a better team moving ahead, one that quickly starts winning at home.

The form at home since boxing day has been nothing short of disastarous and many players were responsible for that

Couldn't agree more, there hasn't been a consistent performer all season which is a massive worry for me.

There is certain players who have had a good season but not a consistent season and that's where the problem lies.

Our home form has been shocking and shocking for the fans to watch. I think there's many reasons for that and I include the fans in that because I think the whole crowd has been negative at home since February in our premier league relegation season and it's been quite embarrassing how fans turn on the players - regardless of them performing or not. I understand venting anger but not in the middle of the match when we should be supporting the team.

• Like 2

My personal top performers under Warnock are Tav, Britt and maybe Howson. Tav has been outstanding, it's tough to think of a single game he's not performed in. Britt has looked like much less of a one dimensional striker, a feat no other Boro manager has achieved. I absolutely expect Britt to stay if Warnock stays, Warnock has wanted him before and he's looked like he wanted to play for him.

• Like 2

First time in ages I’ve paid for a match and also listened to BBC Tees. I don’t know the commentators name but thought he was great and is certainly better than radio. Well done fella

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Couldn't agree more, there hasn't been a consistent performer all season which is a massive worry for me.

There is certain players who have had a good season but not a consistent season and that's where the problem lies.

Our home form has been shocking and shocking for the fans to watch. I think there's many reasons for that and I include the fans in that because I think the whole crowd has been negative at home since February in our premier league relegation season and it's been quite embarrassing how fans turn on the players - regardless of them performing or not. I understand venting anger but not in the middle of the match when we should be supporting the team.

I place most of the blame on you.

We have won more points with Warnock in 2020 (12pts) than we did with Woodgate in 2020 (11pts).

Warnock first game was 24 days ago v Stoke.

Woodgate had 3.5 months of football.

• Wow 1

I’ve got two points to make. The first is to congratulate Warnock, and the lads, for ensuring that we’re playing Championship football next season. That did not look at all likely when Woodgate was sacked. I do not like Warnock personally, but all credit to the man for pulling this off.

My second point concerns Britt Assombalonga, who has come in for a lot of stick. Fair enough, if we have to sell players then he is an obvious choice, but otherwise I would certainly hang on to him. Since Warnock took over, Britt has been on the scoresheet for all matches bar one – by which I mean the matches in which we actually scored at all. Even when he did not score, he usually worked hard. Forget how much we paid for him – that’s irrelevant.

I’m sure Britt’s confidence was severely eroded under Woodgate. If we do hang on to him I think we will see a different Britt next season. Under the right manager.

• Like 1