oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield W (A) 2-1 (McNair, Assombalonga)

So happy we won and stayed up on our own steam rather than relying on other results and point deductions.

Very happy that Barnsley beat the odds and stayed up too, good little club.

I think Wigan's point deduction should stand, but hopefully Derby and Sheff Wed get 21 point deductions to send them down instead.

• Like 1
  • Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a relief! Today's results just show how strong the championship league is!  A nice win and performance to finish of what can only be described as a absolutely shocking seasons for the f

Well final game day has arrived, the waiting on knowing what the future entails for Boro will soon be known. At least we all got here to witness the most bizarre turn of events in our lives and t

I’m a fan of Maddo purely for the way he commentates. He’s not a polished journalist spewing the same old cliche, non risqué drivel. He’s a fan. He gets excited and demonstrates a real passion and an

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's interesting that we ended up not having lost a game to a relegated team this season after all.

Looked nailed on after the losses to Luton and Barnsley, but both saved themselves.

We lost to Hull... not so long ago....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's interesting that we ended up not having lost a game to a relegated team this season after all.

Looked nailed on after the losses to Luton and Barnsley, but both saved themselves.

Hull?

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Bugger.

Can't believe I forgot that, hahah.

I'd somehow changed it to a 1-1 draw in my head.

There is a lot to forget about this season now it is over!

I was going to post how very consistent we are at a few  things, managing the club and playing poor at home but it’s been said before many times.
The season has been one of the worst I can remember and let’s face it, recently there has been a few contenders that can still bring tears. 
Warnock run in results were strangely fascinating when reviewing games lost we should have won and visa versa but no draws. Some players did stand up to be counted while others just proved they will be sh*t under any manager. 
It’s going to take awhile looking at another car crash to figure out what’s gone wrong, AGAIN, but my consensus is ultimately, SG stand up. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

My personal top performers under Warnock are Tav, Britt and maybe Howson. Tav has been outstanding, it's tough to think of a single game he's not performed in. Britt has looked like much less of a one dimensional striker, a feat no other Boro manager has achieved. I absolutely expect Britt to stay if Warnock stays, Warnock has wanted him before and he's looked like he wanted to play for him.

The thing is, I think Tav has been very good all season. He just kept getting randomly dropped. He was brilliant during that run around Christmas when we had a load of the more experienced players injured. Then Woodgate just dropped him when a few of the more experienced players returned from injury. In my opinion he should be the first name on the team sheet next season.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The thing is, I think Tav has been very good all season. He just kept getting randomly dropped. He was brilliant during that run around Christmas when we had a load of the more experienced players injured. Then Woodgate just dropped him when a few of the more experienced players returned from injury. In my opinion he should be the first name on the team sheet next season.

Tav has done himself no harm over the last few games and am sure will be heavily involved next season.

Was noticeable that Warnock did not give Roberts a game yesterday especially when Tav came off, have we seen the last of Roberts now?

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Tav has done himself no harm over the last few games and am sure will be heavily involved next season.

Was noticeable that Warnock did not give Roberts a game yesterday especially when Tav came off, have we seen the last of Roberts now?

I really hope we are able to get Roberts back again next season but I fear that we have seen the last of him unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Warnock probably didn’t want to risk injuring him like he did with Clayton and Shotton

12 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Guess it depends on Roberts & Man City. As far as I know we want him back & Warnock likes him.

12 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Warnock probably didn’t want to risk injuring him like he did with Clayton and Shotton

Hope thats the case. Roberts, Tav, Coulson, Stojanovic and a few others could form the nucleus of a decent squad next season.

• Like 2