oneBoro Forum

Boro v Sheffield W (A) 2-1 (McNair, Assombalonga)

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a relief! Today's results just show how strong the championship league is!  A nice win and performance to finish of what can only be described as a absolutely shocking seasons for the f

Well final game day has arrived, the waiting on knowing what the future entails for Boro will soon be known. At least we all got here to witness the most bizarre turn of events in our lives and t

I’m a fan of Maddo purely for the way he commentates. He’s not a polished journalist spewing the same old cliche, non risqué drivel. He’s a fan. He gets excited and demonstrates a real passion and an

Posted Images

15 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think you're the one doing the sensationalising, mate. It's the lads first night in the commentary box and he did sod all wrong. You make it out like he was saying there was still chance we'd go down and for one, wow, big deal, what on Earth is so wrong with that that you want to take him to town for it... for two, the lad hinted we were safe for a second and Maddo had a go at him for it. Not in a nasty way but still.

Him and the lad against Cardiff were both better than Drury, for me.

He was saying exactly that, its vital we maintain a point, with Leeds 4 up, Sheff Wed could have beat us 5-0 and we'd still have stayed up, he was making something up that wasn't there, as for me doing the sensationalising I turned the commentary off,  you've got your opinion on his commentary I've got mine end of.

Edited by Rioch's Braves
2 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

He was saying exactly that, its vital we maintain a point, with Leeds 4 up, Sheff Wed could have beat us 5-0 and we'd still have stayed up, he was making something up that wasn't there, as for me doing the sensationalising I turned the commentary off,  you've got your opinion on his commentary I've got mine end of.

I just don't understand why you were so annoyed about a commentator who, in his first ever match commentating on the Boro, said something that was a bit wrong. Absolutely chastising him for it like he said it in some sort of sinister way.

I sincerely hope if you were/are a manager, that's not how you'd treat an employee if they made a completely insignificant error on day one of a job.

You've certainly managed to get an opinion on something out of absolutely nothing.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I just don't understand why you were so annoyed about a commentator who, in his first ever match commentating on the Boro, said something that was a bit wrong. Absolutely chastising him for it like he said it in some sort of sinister way.

I sincerely hope if you were/are a manager, that's not how you'd treat an employee if they made a completely insignificant error on day one of a job.

You've certainly managed to get an opinion on something out of absolutely nothing.

If you weren't happy with my opinion on the matter, or the fact that you regard it as absolutely nothing, then why bother replying to it, and for a nothing opinion your certainly getting yours across. I really don't have anything more to say on it. 

Just now, Rioch's Braves said:

If you weren't happy with my opinion on the matter, or the fact that you regard it as absolutely nothing, then why bother replying to it, and for a nothing opinion your certainly getting yours across.

I'm more bothered that the lad might come on here after his first game and see someone come on and trash him over nowt. There was really nothing in what he said. In what you said, however, there definitely was.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Who's doing the commentary tonight with Maddo? It's not Matty Jones again is it?

That's what wilson said last night about the commentary bloke.  Crushed him before our very eyes, so why he's having a go at you Rioch, I just don't know.  Disgraceful 👎

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's what wilson said last night about the commentary bloke.  Crushed him before our very eyes, so why he's having a go at you Rioch, I just don't know.  Disgraceful 👎

happy star trek GIF

I thought that bloke did alright to be honest, albeit sounded a bit nervous/ inexperienced.

There's something about Mark Drurys commentary that I can't get away with. There's something in his pattern of speech which irritates me.

16 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The commentary would be 100% better if they removed Maddo.

Then took Maddo, stuffed him into a burlap sack, and fired him out of a cannon.

Into the River Tees.

Not a fan of Maddo then?

I’m a fan of Maddo purely for the way he commentates. He’s not a polished journalist spewing the same old cliche, non risqué drivel. He’s a fan. He gets excited and demonstrates a real passion and an affinity for the club, fans and area. Yes he gets names wrong, makes mistakes and sometimes sounds like he doesn’t know what’s going on. Exactly the same reasons I love Kammy too.  I pretty much know 99% of the questions and responses for Sunday nights MOTD due to the amount of media training the players and coaches have had and how bland and non confrontational the journos are. 

The hardest thing for maddo (and anyone else who steps into that commentary booth) is that they have the biggest boots in the world to fill left behind by Ali which quite frankly no one can live up too

• Like 7
47 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

The commentary would be 100% better if they removed Maddo.

Then took Maddo, stuffed him into a burlap sack, and fired him out of a cannon.

Into the River Tees.

This

On the forum I just love the fact you can be sure all subjects are liable to be discussed and challenged and sometimes unfortunately, fairly personal and aggressive. Group hug everyone. 

I guess the next bit of interesting news is Warnock appointment. There will then be a short period of silence before the usual bull transfer rumors and then the seasonal statement from SG. Wonder if it will reflect on the past, lessons learnt, adjusting, challenges ahead, building a club the town can be proud of. Now here is a challenge, can they somehow blame Covid, well it’s blamed for just about all problems to date. 

21 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

On the forum I just love the fact you can be sure all subjects are liable to be discussed and challenged and sometimes unfortunately, fairly personal and aggressive. Group hug everyone. 

I guess the next bit of interesting news is Warnock appointment. There will then be a short period of silence before the usual bull transfer rumors and then the seasonal statement from SG. Wonder if it will reflect on the past, lessons learnt, adjusting, challenges ahead, building a club the town can be proud of. Now here is a challenge, can they somehow blame Covid, well it’s blamed for just about all problems to date. 

I'm not sure that's a thing? I think the seasonal statements stopped after the 'smash the league' comments.

I bet SG still wakes up screaming from a nightmare where he's on the pitch telling the fans about smashing the league, and then a giant eagle with the face of Garry Monk swoops down, scoops him up  and repeatedly cracks his skull against the flagpole with the Premier League flag fluttering from it. Claret everywhere, the eagle f**ks off with a suitcase full of cash, and Gibson wakes up to survey the shattered remains of his dream.

I wouldn't make an annual statement either, if I had the ghosts of Monk, Pulis and Woodgate haunting me like Scrooge in A Christmas Carol.

• Haha 3