oneBoro Forum

Goodbye Adam Clayton and thank you

Under Karanka no better defensive midfielder in the Championship than Clayton, gave his all and he's been an excellent signing, I wish him all the best wherever he goes, and if he does come back here with another championship club he'll get a great reception that's for sure.

• Like 1

One of our most important players in the 2 championship seasons under Karanka and one of the best in the division. 

Gave his all for the club and leaves with his reputation intact. 

Him and the teams of 2014/15 and 2015/16 will be fondly remembered by me, it felt like a time to be proud of the club again. I hope he finds a good club and i wish him all the best. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Will remember him fondly from the karanka years. Him and leadbitter were a cracking pair.

Did he ever manage to score for us? 

200 appearances and 1 goal. 

• Like 1

We really should start a petition to get Clayton’s No8 Shirt retired (That’s seems the done thing these days) 👍

If you ever read this post Adam Clayton, I want you to know that you were my favourite boro player signed under Karanka. I can remember being on this forum when it looked like you were heading to Brighton but came to us instead. I was buzzing. 
The partnership you forged with Grant in midfield was a perfect mix and you did your role in that duo to perfection at times. 
You wore your heart on your sleeve, always put a graft in and always showed passion and desire which is what us Boro fans loved to see. You got what the area was about and you came across like a great and funny guy in the dressing room, but also not afraid to dish it out when needed (*** you Valdes). 
The only boro player who could get away with wearing preds as well! 
Where ever you go next I’m sure they will gain a great asset. I wish we had seen more of you under Woodgate and this season in general, but you will go down in History by being a part of “that promotion winning team”. 

Fairwell, sweet prince. 😭👏

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1