oneBoro Forum

Alves

Why is everyone giving up on Alves? We need a 15+ goals striker this season and there is no way we will bring anyone in that is likely to achieve that. I've always been impressed with his effort and workrate so why not hang on to Alves rather than selling him for peanuts, and get him to knuckle down and I'm sure he will come good.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

His late return for pre-season more or less showed the lack of respect he has for the club, hes been awful and like bambi on ice, get rid as soon as we can, although its not looking good, in which case then he will have to knuckle down!

If we get rid of him, we probably wouldnt have to sell huth/wheater, who actually give their all for the club!

BBR.........he doesn`t want to knuckle down for us anymore and that`s fair enough.

If he wants out give him the option to buy his contract out, otherwise if he isn`t gunna play the game for Boro then let him rot in the reserves, because no-one is gunna buy him.

Did Steve Gibson say on radio that we did not need to sell to survive.?

I think he did.

So why is everyone saying we need to sell certain players.

Gibbo would'nt lie to us.

Get these guys training and get them on that field and let them start earning their ruddy wages.

We can only benefit from it.

Leaving them languishing in no mans land is not helping we are still paying their wages.

Tuncay and Alves should be kicking off tomorrow against Donny.

I'd have loved to have seen Alves in the Championship, I reckon he'd have got a hatful of goals... I think he's given up on us.

If someone doesn't want to play for us, then surely we are cutting our noses off by letting them rot? Obviously we don't want to put the message out that the way players get the move they want is by acting the way Mido and Alves did... I think it's a judgement call, personally, I'd cut my losses with the Brazilian spud

I think my post has been read wrong.

I didn`t say just let him rot............I said let him rot if he doesn`t buy out his own contract.

Buying out his own contract is the only way we are gunna get rid of him because no-one wants to buy him.

And clearly a player who doesn`t want to play for us, isn`t gunna give us 50%, never mind 100%, so what`s the point having him in the squad when someone who wants to fight for the cause could be doing better.

Why is everyone giving up on Alves? We need a 15+ goals striker this season and there is no way we will bring anyone in that is likely to achieve that. I've always been impressed with his effort and workrate so why not hang on to Alves rather than selling him for peanuts, and get him to knuckle down and I'm sure he will come good.

probably because he does'nt want 2 play 4 us and is looking 4 a move .Ithink he would be great in the champ but we will never get to know

Alves is a complete waste of space. I'd quicker have Mido back than play that useless lump of brown stuff who is supposed to be able to score goals. We paid a hell of a lot of money for him and what has he given us in return? First of all he can't score to save his life. Second...he spends more time on the ground than on his feet. Third...I've seen him shirk out of challenges and duck out of headers on more than one occasion. Fourth...He returns late to pre season training. Fifth...And this really ***ed me off. I read the other day that that Far East team that had agreed a fee with us for him were offering us in the region of £7.5 million which is a hell of a lot of money for a player who has done next to nowt in the last year and a half. But instead of Alves showing some sort of dignity and respect for us as a club and thinking to himself 'I've wasted a lot of money for Boro so I wil accept this transfer as it is the least I can do to make up for how sh*t I've been' Alves goes and rejects the offer and now no club will offer us even half of that amount. Alves is an absolute waster and the sooner we get shot of him the better. He is the ultimate reason we are in the Championship. He rung this club dry with his huge fee and wages and then he failed to produce the goals, performance and commitment on the pitch. I HATE ALVES!!!

Alves is a complete waste of space. I'd quicker have Mido back than play that useless lump of brown stuff who is supposed to be able to score goals. We paid a hell of a lot of money for him and what has he given us in return? First of all he can't score to save his life. Second...he spends more time on the ground than on his feet. Third...I've seen him shirk out of challenges and duck out of headers on more than one occasion. Fourth...He returns late to pre season training. Fifth...And this really ***ed me off. I read the other day that that Far East team that had agreed a fee with us for him were offering us in the region of £7.5 million which is a hell of a lot of money for a player who has done next to nowt in the last year and a half. But instead of Alves showing some sort of dignity and respect for us as a club and thinking to himself 'I've wasted a lot of money for Boro so I wil accept this transfer as it is the least I can do to make up for how sh*t I've been' Alves goes and rejects the offer and now no club will offer us even half of that amount. Alves is an absolute waster and the sooner we get shot of him the better. He is the ultimate reason we are in the Championship. He rung this club dry with his huge fee and wages and then he failed to produce the goals, performance and commitment on the pitch. I HATE ALVES!!!

Its a pretty safe bet that he wasnt your choice for player of the season then!

But couldnt agree more with what you said!

True boroboy, I'd just like to add that there is no way Alves would make any sort of mark on this league unless it's the kind of mark a fly leaves on the windscreen of a fast moving lorry.

Seriously Passenger and BillyBoy, do you really think he has what it takes to score goals in this league? Bear in mind it is far more physical then the PL, what have you ever seen that would lead you to believe he could stand up to the PHYSICAL test?

Aswell as everything JT said I've seen numerous occasions when Alves had been one on one with the keeper and then fallen on his *** all by himself with no contact and lamely kicked the ball off target. He tries to bring the ball under control and it bounces off the inside of his knee, gets stuck under his feet, never once did I see him make a good pass, a good header, a good tackle or chase down and intimidate a defender.

With lumpier pitches and more argicultural defending Alves would spend even more time on his *** than ever as he avoids tackles and headers. He would have as much effect as a wet fart in a thunderstorm. And that is even if he was 100% committed to us.

I've said it before but he will have papped his trolleys just watching the treatment Emnes took against sheff. This league would crush our powder puff 'goal machine' physically and mentaly, no question at all.

Give him away for medical research and at least we've lost his wages which means we may be able to keep a player like tuncs or huth.

Quite a few people have started threads or raised comments like this about alves, but no one has provided ANY evidence of qualities he has that would allow him to compete. The dutch league he scored lots in is NO WHERE NEAR AS PHYSICAL AS THE CHAMP!

Unless anyone can shed some new light on this, can we plaese put it to bed?

I originall thought that he would be a monster in the championship for us but when he came back late for pre-season training then thats him out as far as im concerned. Get rid.

I originall thought that he would be a monster in the championship for us but when he came back late for pre-season training then thats him out as far as im concerned. Get rid.

i would of liked him to stay until he when awol but to blame alves for our lack of goal last year is ridiculous we could have played any striker in the world last year and with GS tactics they would have struggled to score goals