Alves

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

He's definitely going as the Goal Machine flag has been taken down in the ground.

Its a package, we will sell him with the banner, it will make us more money than just selling him alone!

Also, vectorboro, can you PM me these rumours please?

Thanks

It was commonly known that when Alves played in the dutch league he wasn't really a target man.

His goals came from running at defences not standing there waiting for someone to pass it to him.

Since his arrival at Boro he as been made a scrapegoat for Southgates lack of tactical awareness and so have quite a few others may I say.

Also Alves is carrying around a stone and a half extra wieght as well that again is down to bad coaching.

You are blaming another player for Southgates lack of managerial knowledge.

Wait an see if a team comes in for him with a decent manager you will see a changed player.

It was commonly known that when Alves played in the dutch league he wasn't really a target man.

His goals came from running at defences not standing there waiting for someone to pass it to him.

Since his arrival at Boro he as been made a scrapegoat for Southgates lack of tactical awareness and so have quite a few others may I say.

Also Alves is carrying around a stone and a half extra wieght as well that again is down to bad coaching.

You are blaming another player for Southgates lack of managerial knowledge.

Wait an see if a team comes in for him with a decent manager you will see a changed player.

agreed 100% with the above think he would be class if we played to his strengths, remember the two goals against MANURE, but MR cluelessgate does not know how to play to Alves's strengths,plus alves has been known to enjoy a parmo or two:)

Just watched the youtube video and all I can say is where the hell did it all go wrong!! I do remember going to the reserve game against Man Utd last season at the riverside and in a virtually empty stadium you get to hear the players shouts and calls for the ball and just the general banter that happens within a team during a match. Alves was not calling for anything, now i know some may say that good players would know where balls need to be played and where on the pitch their team mates will be but a little bit of communication surely wouldn't of gone a miss. This could be down to his lack of being able to speak english or it could be simply that he just couldn't be ***d, either way it looked like he just didn't fit in. I'm not making excuses for him just wondering whether he has ever fitted in with the rest of the squad. When you watch his goal celebrations with the crowd and his team mates in the video he just looks happier. Personally 50k+ per week would leave me with a permanent smile!! I don't know if he has been for want of a better word de-tuned by Southgate but one thing is for sure he dosen't look anything like he did in the video clips. Anyway it was just a thought and either way we'll find out next wednesday whether or not he has a future with the Boro.

The big question will be if he isnt sold or loaned out by the transfer deadline Will Southgate bring him back into the 1st team? Also come Tuesday afternoon and no deal going through on Alves will the club panic and sell one of our more in demand players to help pay for his wages for the next 9 months.

Question why are we selling players if we are supposedly going all out for promotion.

Getting rid of P/L quality players and replacing them with has beens and 1st div players is not going to be any good if by some miracle we do get promotion,we will once again see Southgate having to spend millions to get the right players in if we are to stay in the P/L.

Is everyone behind this move.?

I certainly find it quite comical.

Middlesbrough striker Afonso Alves could yet be playing his football in Qatar next season after Qatari outfit Al-Saad resurrected a £7m move. (Press Association, 1831 BST)

Just found this on the BBC Gossip column