oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Downsouth

Match Day Thread Volunteers and Format change?

Hi everyone and I hope that you are all well?

Also a good time to welcome the large influx of new members to the forum hopefully one of the reasons is for you to be able to participate in our famed matchday threads which are part and parcel of the forum.

Two questions for you all in that now is the time to start looking forward to the upcoming season (think the general concensus is that we could really look forward to afar better season) and that we sort out the volunteers who will author this seasons matchday threads

Stands to reason that SmogDane will volunteer as he will be due to commence proceedings in that his last thread proved to be a Boro win.

So who amongst you will volunteer to entertain us with their wordsmithery and clever ideas as to how to produce a vibrant and unique match thread? I hope this season we might see more links to opposition threads and hopefully more input onto our threads from opposing fans!

The order will be based on when people elect to volunteer on this thread.

The usual frequency of authoring the match threads will remain the same in that you keep authoring threads if Boro win that game and only when Boro either draw or lose will the next volunteer get their opportunity.

Format Change

As you know the usual format is Boro V Whoever when playing at home and Boro V Whoever (A) for an away game.

For many seasons we have always put Boro first but if the majority of members would prefer Whoever V Boro for away games instead then I am all for that and we will include the change this season. Also maybe including the date in the title could be useful example Boro V Whoever (19/09).

I appreciate that it seems we are playing whoever a lot next season but there maybe other teams included somewhere😁 

Anyway thanks for your time please do let me know your thoughts and comments on the format change suggestion and of course your indication that once again you would like to author a match thread this season. New volunteers are most welcome.

• Like 4

I haven't written a MDT before, but I write for a living, so I'd be happy to volunteer my services. Equally, I'd be happy to stand aside in favour of the people who produced last season's excellent MDTs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm happy to throw my hat in the ring once more...though as you know my matchday threads generally seem to be a jinx, so you may want to keep me on the subs' bench!

I wouldn't mind seeing the thread titles use the conventional format of the home team being named first. IMO its easier to tell at a glance whether we're home or away and just looks more sensible.

I also like the idea of including links to opposition fan forums to try and get some debate / banter going.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I haven't written a MDT before, but I write for a living, so I'd be happy to volunteer my services. Equally, I'd be happy to stand aside in favour of the people who produced last season's excellent MDTs.

Your in!

And like always I will pre warn the next author that their services are next up

• Like 1

Running order so far

SmogDane

RiseAgainst

AngliaRed

DZ

Uwe

Boro-Unger

Smogzilla

BearSmog

GrimsbyBoro

Erimus74

OldManGravz

Marvin

Red Rocket

Weasel

• Thanks 1

I’d volunteer again but I’m sure this season we will only lose 1 and draw 2 so buy my reckoning we have enough already 😉

If the unthinkable happens and we draw 3 I’ll be happy to do it again 👍

• Like 2

I'm in. 

I think change the format to home team first, but I'm not a fan of the date in the title. Looks a bit cluttered

• Like 2

1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

I'm in. 

I think change the format to home team first, but I'm not a fan of the date in the title. Looks a bit cluttered

Tend to agree

25 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I’d volunteer again but I’m sure this season we will only lose 1 and draw 2 so buy my reckoning we have enough already 😉

If the unthinkable happens and we draw 3 I’ll be happy to do it again 👍

Well under Warnock we have a 50% win rate. If that continues next season, you'll get to do a few...

...unless BU goes on one of his famous winning streaks.

Also just keep the format simple..

BORO v Watford

Watford v BORO

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well under Warnock we have a 50% win rate. If that continues next season, you'll get to do a few...

...unless BU goes on one of his famous winning streaks.

I’d like to point out that I (IIRC) that I have the longest winning streak of 9 wins so 10 continuous MDT’s 😀

• Like 1