oneBoro Forum

Who is your favourite current Boro player?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grant Hall.. he is, as yet, untainted.

After the questions about TLF above I thought it maybe worth mentioning that my user name came about as homage to my preferred alternative therapy for supporting the Boro. Decades of following Boro ha

Gotta be Fletcher. Think he's very underrated by our fanbase and has worked really hard to improve his game after a difficult start to his career here.

My favourite current Boro player is George Saville because he is a workhorse and a lot tidier a footballer than he is given credit for IMO

• Like 2

Fletcher for me but definitely been a bit of a disconnect between how i feel about the team the past 2 seasons, like comparing how I feel about Fletcher compared to how I felt about Kike or Tomlin or any of that 2014-16 team tbh

I do feel like I'm getting that love for the team back though especially with the likes of Spence and Tav having their breakout seasons and our results under Warnock 

• Like 3

Based on how he came onto the scene, I would say Lewis Wing is probably in the discussion for me. If you'd asked me this last season it was easy, Adam Clayton. 

Now, after the year we've had...probably Wing. Or Fletcher, I really like Fletcher nowadays too.

• Like 1

Friend for sentimental reasons...

I have a soft spot for Coulson as well.. I love those merauding deep rums he can make.. From wing back.. He can unfotunately not do it as a winger, yet... 

• Like 2

Friend also for sentimental reasons. I have a soft spot for Dijksteel  for reasons unbeknown to even myself and want him to do well.

I really liked Ayala as I felt much more confident in our defence when he was a part of it but the way he departed left a bad taste.

My favourite player growing up, despite my username, was actually Gianluca Festa. I like players who play in a way which shows that they care about this club as much as we fans do. Festa did that. There been more since him, George being one of them. His legs have gone but I know he gives a sh*t about this club just as much as the rest of us do.

• Like 1

To be honest I find it difficult to pick a favourite out as we are at a stage where we have no consistently outstanding players though many are very capable in flashes...I like Johnson going forwards but he terrifies me near our penalty area...Fletch is improving all the time and with a partner that would pass to him, he could improve a lot more...Tav is beginning to show his potential ...but agree with Blanco, Saville very underrated and reminds me a lot of Mustoe...so probably one of those three depending on the game...."deep rums".?..I'll have one of those 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fletcher.  I honestly think he is our best striker now.  He had a difficult start here, with fans on his back because of his price tag, but has persevered and developed despite all the inadequacies in our coaching set up.  I really like how he and Tav link up.  I am looking forward to seeing how he develops under a manager who knows how to coach players and inspire confidence in them.  

• Like 1

Ashley Fletcher.

The fact he’s overcome so much pressure and “down moments” with us, yet he has still come out stronger on the other side is really admirable. I think that’s a very under rated quality for a footballer to have. I bloody love it seeing him play with confidence and his hard work paying off. Go on LAD!

• Like 1

Surprised Tav hasn't had more votes thus far. He's the closest we've got to a flair player, he makes me sit up in anticipation when he gets the ball, and I think he could (without wishing to sabotage the prospect by acknowledging it) have a great season for us with some astute coaching by Warnock's team.

• Like 2

Right now, I'm really struggling to think of one of them which I like the most to say a favourite. None of them really are stand out performers to make me think "wow what a player" 

My last favourite player was Ramirez just because he has to be the best player to have played for most recently, Adama is a close second mainly due to his speed, if we had the Adama that's playing for wolves now then maybe it would be him.

Fletcher, he's improved immensely, and seems a genuinely nice guy from what I've seen. He had such a tough start that I've always been willing him to do well.

There's not a lot of choice lately though.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, TLF10 said:

'My favourite player growing up, despite my username, was actually Gianluca Festa.'

Just curious, but what does your username stand for.