• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Has and always will be Tuncay. My sweet, Turkish Delight.

I’m going to be cheeky and suggest a player from each manager in my recent time.   McClaren era = Gareth Southgate - a leader and a rock at the back. Mr dependable. Southgate era =  toss u

they said the same about Douglas Bader.....but he still did the job

Posted Images

----------------Bamford

Adomah----Gaston-----Traore

---------Clayton---Leadbitter

Friend--Gibbo--Ayala-Fredericks

----------------Randolph

We'd go unbeaten wouldn't we jesus

• Like 2

Love the line up.  442 line up.How about schwartzer in goal. Friend Gibson pallister Fleming in defence. Hendrie leadbitter geremi adama midfield. Up front viduka and slaven. Subs steven pears. Festa. Howson. Mustoe. Downing. Gaston. Bamford.

I'm with Wilson, I'm a tuncay stan.

I think if I had to pick someone who would make the most DIFFERENCE right now though...hmm, that's tough, especially if you can't pick TLF. 

Gaston would bring creativity that we need. Traore is always a good answer too...

And I can't believe I'm saying this because I mocked him for being nothing more than a shouty man, but we need Grant Leadbitter and his shouty man attitude right now too.

I’m going to be cheeky and suggest a player from each manager in my recent time.

McClaren era = Gareth Southgate - a leader and a rock at the back. Mr dependable.

Southgate era =  toss up between Johnson or Woodgate, but I’d have to say Woodgate for the same as Southgate. Oozed class and as much as I can’t stand him from his stint as manager. I can’t take away his defending quality. Special mention to Johnson for his natural width and quality at this level.

Strachan era = Barry Robson. Hard working and always put a shift in. Not dripping with quality but the best of a horrendous recruitment period. Seriously, go back and have a look at some of the names...if you dare.

Mowbray era = tough between grant or George. Both got at great prices and both did terrific work over their time with boro. Maybe Leadbitter shades it for his leadership ability which I feel friend lacked this season.

Karanka era = Clayton in his prime. Played the holding midfield role to a t. Always felt like he had more to offer going forward but his responsibility reduced his impact further up. But I’d still say a Clayton in his prime with us is streets ahead of what we had this season. 

Monk era = Braithwaite. I’m coming round to the idea that Pulis painted him out to be a bit of a snake and it’s not actually true. Sure he could have worked harder and fought for the shirt a bit more, but playing Pulis ball didn’t suit him and rightly so, he called him out on it. He had good quality though and how a team of Braithwaite, Bamford and Britt didn’t get us promoted is criminal. 

Pulis era = Traore. When it was good, wow it was amazing. I’ve never seen a player as explosive and good at dribbling than him at boro. And we never will either. I also love how he grew under Pulis and was a player who you really wanted it to click for. 

• Like 3

Adomah, Grant and Stuani would make a difference. Tuncay looked the part but as a club I felt we never really benefited from him to his maximum potential. The little fella is an obvious but he would be clogged to death in the Championship so Merse would be a better option. Traore was fast and exciting but that was it, he reminded me of one of those Burlesque dancers, plenty of teasing but nothing to show for it despite all those twirling tassels and mesmerization.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

George Camsell.  If he could replicate his 59 goals in a season then we might have a chance of nudging over 60 goals for the first time in a couple of years.

I think he’s a bit past it now, that’s why I went for Stuani. 

• Haha 1

George Boateng. We need a midfield general, and great though Grant was great in that CDM role, Boateng set the standard for me.

Quite honestly, though, I'd have any of the players mentioned above back. We really have had some world-class talent here, much of it criminally mismanaged by incompetent managers.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

George Camsell.  If he could replicate his 59 goals in a season then we might have a chance of nudging over 60 goals for the first time in a couple of years.

Think we could manage for the opposition to score a couple of own goals 😜

4 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Hickton..........consistent, unselfish, reliable, courageous, a team player that just got on with it and chipped in with a couple of goals now and then

My favourite Boro player of all time, met him numerous times

My daughter wrote him a letter leading up to her wedding & telling him he was my all time Boro hero, big John wrote back a letter on a Boro card along with a signed photo of himself celebrating a goal v Hull 1973

👍👍 

IMG_20190627_164254.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The little fella is an obvious but he would be clogged to death in the Championship

Is the Championship anymore physical than the Premier league he played in? Or the South American games he played in?