• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The news of George Friend not deciding to accept a new one year extension and to move to pastures new will come as a shock to many so like those before he deserves his own dedicated thread in order th

Time to move on but as far as VFM , hard to beat and absolutely bought into the club, town and people.  2 things stand out for me.  When my lad was very poorly, we had one of those days through m

Didn't he sign for £100,000? If so, I think he has to be up there with the best VFM signings we've ever made, and that's even more impressive considering how many clubs have pulled our pants down over

Posted Images

Very sad to see George leave, i wish we had tried harder to keep him.

We could be regretting it in a few months time, i still think he has plenty to offer.

It always takes a while to come back when you have had a couple of years plagued by injury, but he seemed to be getting better every game until the season ended. Another 5 or 6 games and he could have easily been justifying his place on the pitch.

Such a fantastic guy as well, i have never been so disappointed to see one of our players leave in a long time.

Good Luck George.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Adamjr9 said:

I feel sick 🤮

37D9AE1B-3B81-4679-AB17-9F5303BCAD9D.jpeg

Wow - Aitor's really aged since his time with us.

Feels very strange and somehow wrong, seeing George in another strip...especially so soon...

33 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

New challenge for him, I think he knew at the end of the season he was leaving hence the photo of him at the Riverside 

Why would you say that 😢

I’ve only just got that picture out mind and you go and bring it up again 😔

George Friend is a boro legend.

Best purchase in the last decade easily. Best LB in the league during his prime and a wonderful human being.

I hope he enjoys his time at Birmingham. This is likely his last contract and he deserves to go out playing, not sitting on our bench as a backup player.

Love you george!

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, reading this thread is making me feel sick as well.  Absolute fannies 🤦‍♂️

Good to see some things stay constant tho CT 👍

Time to move on but as far as VFM , hard to beat and absolutely bought into the club, town and people.  2 things stand out for me. 

When my lad was very poorly, we had one of those days through make a wish watching training,(Ak first week). George being his fave player was wonderful with him and spent far more time than you would expect  , following day at Bolton game, unplanned, George took him on tour of dressing room.  And took his shirt and made sure everyone signed it.  Fast forward to 2018 and boy is in RVI for 3 months, really ill and struggling I email club asking for a little pick me up and GF is his hero.  His personal message made his day, a wonderful human. 

Oh and the only footballer who my wife would even give the time of day.  When he spoke to her at the training ground she turned into a giggling kid.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, PompeySmog said:

Time to move on but as far as VFM , hard to beat and absolutely bought into the club, town and people.  2 things stand out for me. 

When my lad was very poorly, we had one of those days through make a wish watching training,(Ak first week). George being his fave player was wonderful with him and spent far more time than you would expect  , following day at Bolton game, unplanned, George took him on tour of dressing room.  And took his shirt and made sure everyone signed it.  Fast forward to 2018 and boy is in RVI for 3 months, really ill and struggling I email club asking for a little pick me up and GF is his hero.  His personal message made his day, a wonderful human. 

Oh and the only footballer who my wife would even give the time of day.  When he spoke to her at the training ground she turned into a giggling kid.  

Lovely story @PompeySmog I hope your lad is doing better now 👍

• Like 2