oneBoro Forum

Finally a parmo.

Moved to greater Manchester in 2003. I have only just found a takeaway that does parmo's. Whenever I come back home to middlesbrough i always get a parmo. The food of the gods. Its strange that a Italian invented it, yet outside of Teesside it's very rare to find. What food do you miss the most.

2 hours ago, Oldham boro said:

Moved to greater Manchester in 2003. I have only just found a takeaway that does parmo's. Whenever I come back home to middlesbrough i always get a parmo. The food of the gods. Its strange that a Italian invented it, yet outside of Teesside it's very rare to find. What food do you miss the most.

Moved out of the area many years ago. Do miss a parmo but most of all I Miss going on a night out and seeing a load of mutton dressed as lamb that look like they put their Make up on with a paintball gun and blokes my age (mid 40’s) wearing head to toe in matching tracksuit’s 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I've never really seen that in the Boro. 

Last time I was up there. But granted that was in Stockton 🤷‍♂️

We actually found a decent Parmo in Sunderland just after lockdown hit. I say decent because the thing still falls apart without you cutting it but it's not just a chicken-based pizza like most of them are anywhere beyond Boro.