oneBoro Forum

Boro v Doncaster Rovers

Middlesbrough FC take on Doncaster Rovers on Saturday, looking to continue their unbeaten start to the season.

Jeremie Aliadiere returns to the Boro squad after overcoming a hamstring injury.

Didier Digard, Matthew Bates, Chris Riggot and Emanuel Pogatetz are out with longer term injuries.

Gareth Southgate is likely to start with the same starting 11 that beat S***horpe United on Tuesday night.

Danny Coyne will start in goal, looking to keep his 4th consecutive clean sheet for Boro.

Adam Johnson will be looking to add to his tally for this campaign after already scoring 3 goals.

Possible starting 11;

Coyne;

McMahon, Huth, Wheater, Grounds;

Yeates, O'Neil, Williams, Johnson;

Lita, Emnes.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

If this is correct and Gareth isn't changing the line up then he is reverting to his old ways.

He is scared to checkout other players and also scared to play our highest earners costing Boro more money every week doing nothing.

Not good enough Gareth start rotating the team or else you may find you have problems if you first elven start picking up injuries and you haven't tested any replacements.

What changes would you make Sgt?

I'd find it hard to drop anyone at the moment, I'd stick with a winning team as well. I know I certainly wouldn't be bringing Ali back in.

I'm feeling quite confident of another 3 points against Donny. Our past record against them is really good as well... all points to an upset? :S

The only change I could see Southgate making is Hoyte for McMahon.

TBH I`d wait till the cup match to rotate the squad and that`s where i would play Alves up front with Lita. With Tuncay playing as AM.

Hardlyeverthere doesn`t deserve a call IMO, to weak and Alves......whats the point.

C'mon Sarge. You can't accuse GS of being afraid to field new players and then say that you would stick with a winning team, provided we don't play Ali. Where's the adventurialisationshipmentation in that?

C'mon Sarge. You can't accuse GS of being afraid to field new players and then say that you would stick with a winning team, provided we don't play Ali. Where's the adventurialisationshipmentation in that?

Bugs how many beers have you had mate.

I never said I would stick with a winning team and I never mentioned Ali.

I was merely pointing out that Donny are not the strongest team in the world and we have a player that need a operation and we still play him in matches like these.

We also have Shawky/Arca sat on their ass's picking up wages for nowt.We have Emnes and Lita possibly kicking off again and more than likely Alves/Tuncay missing again that really need to start earning their wages.We also have Franks probably sitting on the bench,he needs more minutes on the pitch as well.

Thats just a few that I would look at starting a game, this is a highly competative league and we are playing 3 games in eight days.

Gareth should not be scared to rotate players but like I said Gareth of old was scared and I think he still is.

Beers 0 Bonarda/Malbec lots.

Sarge, someone mentioned Ali and I've checked and it wasn't you. I think I can guarantee you that it definitely wasn't you but somebody did, so who was it? Let's get him!

Sadly, our op-needing player could well be gone before we draw the curtains on the transfer window. After watching him create Jinky's wonder goal and then rush in to pull Huth away from trouble on Tuesday, I can see why the Artful Dodger made him Pompey's captain. Maybe we should follow suit and hope that he stays.

As for the other guys, they'll get their turn if they are still here in September.

Anyways no matter what team Gareth picks hopefully I will read Sunday that we won 3-1.

Catch yers all in a weeks time.

I'm off to barren Camber Sands to lay on the beach for a week.

Hey may I just add that I have noticed that I have a warning level on the righthand side of my posts,why is that.?

Does Rob reckon I am a trouble causer,how come you ain't got one Bugsy.?

Have a nice quite week with out my ramblings.:D:D:D

Sarge everyone has a warning level, just it isn`t made public. You can only see your own.

My first game of the season tomorrow, actually looking forward to it now, a good win and we can go top, lets be honest we SHOULD be more than capable of winning, lets hope there is no home who-do (Or however you spell it). Im thinking a good 3-0+, or maybe thats a bit over confident but we can certainly get at least that if we try!

Rob, it's a tradition now.

You have to ban the Sarge. :)

Andrew, I'm with you all the way and, as Sinatra sang: "When somebody loves you, It's no good unless he loves you, All the way..."

LOL, Andrew's totally gobsmacked!