• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd much rather play a relegated team first game than a promoted one. Relegated teams who are favourites to win the league often struggle to adapt early on, whereas promoted teams have the momentum (e

Best time to play the relegated sides is at the start of the season, when their squads are in a state of flux, they haven't adapted to Championship football and the spectre of relegation still haunts

Am quite pleased that we play two of the relegated teams straight away in the hope that they may take sometime to settle into a lower league.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Boro will travel more than 1,000 miles in 4 days in October as they face Bristol away on the 20th followed by Cardiff away on the 24th

They'll surely stay the week if allowable.

Bristol to Cardiff is an easier journey.

How really annoying that both our first two away games are so easy for me to get to, Watford especially just up the road and I have not missed QPR away for some years now.

So hope that fans will be allowed to attend

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

How really annoying that both our first two away games are so easy for me to get to, Watford especially just up the road and I have not missed QPR away for some years now.

So hope that fans will be allowed to attend

I was just thinking that! Bournemouth and Wycombe will be nice and easy distance wise for me too. Shame Fulham got promoted as that's always a good away day and easy to get tickets for.  

36 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Well the start couldn't have been tougher! Our last 6 games on paper look pretty good though. Barnsley, Rotherham, Luton and Wycombe all in the last 6.

Yeah could be a few 6 pointers in that run in!

I'd much rather play a relegated team first game than a promoted one. Relegated teams who are favourites to win the league often struggle to adapt early on, whereas promoted teams have the momentum (especially with such a short break) 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I'd much rather play a relegated team first game than a promoted one. Relegated teams who are favourites to win the league often struggle to adapt early on, whereas promoted teams have the momentum (especially with such a short break) 

Same thought at the same time John

Best time to play the relegated sides is at the start of the season, when their squads are in a state of flux, they haven't adapted to Championship football and the spectre of relegation still haunts them.

The run in for me is what i'm most worried about. Last 8 teams will, more than likely, have something to play for....very tricky.

Edited by Humpty
  • Like 4
23 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Same thought at the same time John

I am a little slow, so I just wanted to post that now .. But both of you beat me to it .. 

Some relegated teams struggle in the first few games .. and some continue to .. here I think of Hudderfield, Sunderland and Stoke.

When we went down in 09 after a number of seasons in the top flight, I think our first game was a draw against Sheff Utd? From memory, relegated teams rarely start the season well, so Watford isn't the worst fixture early doors. 

Plus, does being at Vicarage Road really make much difference in the absence of fans? The Riverside was hardly a fortress last season, with or without supporters.