oneBoro Forum

Club Captain 2020/21

With the departure of club captain and all round fantastic fella George Friend we will be looking at appointing a new club captain.

Here are a couple of leading candidates in my eyes..

Jonny Howson - Most experienced and oldest member of the first team, always leads by example, giving 100%. Will that be enough for the manager to give him the role?

Grant Hall - the manager signed him as a leader and had all the qualities after fulfilling the role at his last club. Can we give such an important role to a new signing?

Deal Fry - a bit of an outside shot but if we are going to keep hold of him and build something moving forward it could be seen as a long term role for him. Local lad who clearly loves the club,so much he apparently is resisting leaving.

Other outside bets - Saville, McNair and Stojanovic. Can't  see any of them getting the  role but stranger things have happened.

Who would you all like to be seen given the armband?

im the captain now GIF by Showtime

3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Looks odds on to be Hall with all the interviews he is having with the press

I thought that, but he could also be doing all the interviews because he is our only new signing..

• Like 1

I think it will be Hall unless we are after someone else for that role. If he's right for the job, it doesn't matter how new he is to that dressing room. The lads will surely welcome someone coming in right now and taking that mantle on.

I’m still a bit old fashioned and like the captain being a CB.  

However it needs to be someone that start s every game and is as vocal off the pitch as much (or even more) than he is on it. He needs to be a bit older so he will act as the go between from the players to the coaching staff but In a constructive way. So that will naturally weed out many players. I think Howson could do this and the only other player is Hall

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Yep I would be absolutely flabbergasted if it's not Hall.

Good use of the word flabbergasted 👍