oneBoro Forum

the fifth best player in the world

I've watched Messi and Ronaldo live a few times and Messi was on a different level. Even in a team full of Barcelona superstars he looked like he was playing a different game to everyone else on the pitch. 

There might be an argument about who is the better goalscorer but in terms of the better player there's no contest for me. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I've watched Messi and Ronaldo live a few times and Messi was on a different level. Even in a team full of Barcelona superstars he looked like he was playing a different game to everyone else on the pitch. 

There might be an argument about who is the better goalscorer but in terms of the better player there's no contest for me. 

I’m jealous. Before all this covid *** I was planning a trip to Barcelona just to watch him play live

might get a chance over here now though 😂

34 minutes ago, Tarmo said:

I’m jealous. Before all this covid *** I was planning a trip to Barcelona just to watch him play live

might get a chance over here now though 😂

I watched him for the first time when he must have been about 20 years old, Ronaldinho was on the bench. They beat Real Zaragoza 4-1 and it was just ridiculous how good he was. They were 4-0 up after about half an hour and Messi just ran the show. They took their foot off the gas after that but they could have scored 15 goals that night if they wanted to. Henry played up front and even players like him didn't look on the same wavelength as Messi. 

People in the ground were laughing because you just couldn't believe what you were watching. 

I've seen Messi, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Figo and loads of other top players live and Messi was by far and away the best. 

I feel so lucky to have watched him in his prime and in a game where he turned it on. I would definitely recommend a trip to Barcelona its a great city and the Nou Camp is a great stadium! 

Edited by Duvel
  • Like 3

Messi is the best player.

But Ronaldo gets more admiration from me - he has worked harder than probably anyone in the history of football to get where he is. He has a fraction of messis natural ability but for him to still be in the conversation goes to show how incredibly dedicated he has been.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Messi is the best player.

But Ronaldo gets more admiration from me - he has worked harder than probably anyone in the history of football to get where he is. He has a fraction of messis natural ability but for him to still be in the conversation goes to show how incredibly dedicated he has been.

Yeah thats a good point, if you were building a footballer with a robot you'd build Ronaldo. He does everything well, he's quick, strong, great in the air and has two good feet,  thats all down to practice.

But if he was built by a robots, Messi was built by the gods. He just has that bit of extra magic. 

Messi technically better but I'd have Ronaldo in my team over him every time

Man for the biggest occasions, Ronaldo's UCL knockout goal record is absurd 

I was at this game - when Messi scored 5 and ran the show, couldn't help be in admiration of him.

although I would love him to come to England, I believe he may go to Italy or go back to Argentina

• Like 1
  • Old Codger changed the title to the fifth best player in the world