• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a very emotional time for me as you can imagine 😢 I have to be careful what I say because I had to sign a non disclosure agreement or they threatened to hide my earring 🤫 It hasn't been

I hope both Vickers and Tallentire now feel like they can talk honestly about the club. The control the club exert over the Gazette is disgusting tbh.

I think Vickers is a really good journalist, but he's been trying to work with both hands tied behind his back. The where's-Steve-Agnew saga spelled the end of the paper trying to stand up to the club

Posted Images

I think Vickers is a really good journalist, but he's been trying to work with both hands tied behind his back. The where's-Steve-Agnew saga spelled the end of the paper trying to stand up to the club, and ever since, the Gazette has dropped its trousers and bent over the table for Gibson.

I suspect and fear the EG will lose what credibility it's hitherto held onto (different people will have their own opinions on how much, if any), but I'd love to be proved wrong and see a new generation of writers refusing to regurgitate party propaganda and telling it how it really is. As for Vickers and Tallentire, hopefully they're able to go somewhere and write honestly about what they're seeing, Boro-related or otherwise.

• Like 5

It's a very emotional time for me as you can imagine 😢

I have to be careful what I say because I had to sign a non disclosure agreement or they threatened to hide my earring 🤫

It hasn't been the easiest environment to work in for a while now.  There's a lot of tension in the building and there has been for some time.  Anyway, it all started a while ago.  Each day I prepare my lunch at home and pop it in a paper bag to bring to work.  A nice tupperware box of salad or pasta, some fruit, a yoghurt and a cheeky little bag of crisps.  It clearly states 'ANTH'S DINNER, KEEP OUT!' on the outside of the bag in big letters so that everyone knows it's mine.  However, someone kept nicking the crisps and opening the yoghurt but then leaving most of it!  Being a top investigative journalist I decided to track down who was responsible.  My first move was to stand in the middle of the office and ask who had done it but nobody owned up. 

I was stumped. 

My good mate Dom suggested that it could be Tallentire as he is "always nicking stuff".  I confronted Phil but he of course flatly denied it.  I'm not proud to admit that this lead to some fistycuffs between us.  Dom said he would have joined in to help me but he was in the middle of a bag of crisps.  Good lad is Dom. 

The fight between Phil and I got reported to management somehow.  There was only me, Phil and Dom there, so it must have been Phil who grassed the weaselly little git 😡 Phil of course tried to pretend that it wasn't him but you can't pull the wool over my eyes.  Not a top investigative journalist like me, no way!

Dom tried to stick up for me.  He told them that it wasn't really a fight at all as we are both soft as ***.  He said it was more like watching two sea lions trying to turn a door knob but they wouldn't listen and we were both told to find other employment opportunities.  I didn't understand what they meant at first but Dom explained that they were telling me to *** off. 😢

I think Dom was gutted.  Looking thoughtfully at the bag of crisps he had in his hand, he mumbled that he would miss me.  I think Dom really looks up to me in a lot of ways, especially the goss I get from Steve.  Dom said he considered leaving as well in solidarity, but with me and Phil gone, they were offering him a big pay rise, and he reluctantly felt that he should stay for the good of local journalism.  He really is one of the good guys is Dom.

So there you have it.  I'm gonna miss looking in here for the next major scoop while I'm sat at my desk twiddling my thumbs.  But I won't miss having my crisps nicked every day by that swine Tallentire, that's for sure!

• Haha 13
12 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You are always arguing with people on Twitter, your like a completely different person on there an absolute animal. 

Oh, is that so?  When we've got into it in the past he has always squarely blamed me for it, saying it's how I write.  But if what you are saying is true, then he's actually like this all the time with other people as well, so it's probably his fault, and he's just trying to put the blame on me.

Don't suppose you stalk Brunners on twitter as well do you cos he does the same thing to me as Wilson?  It'd be great to find out that he's just an argumentative bugger as well.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Oh, is that so?  When we've got into it in the past he has always squarely blamed me for it, saying it's how I write.  But if what you are saying is true, then he's actually like this all the time with other people as well, so it's probably his fault, and he's just trying to put the blame on me.

Don't suppose you stalk Brunners on twitter as well do you cos he does the same thing to me as Wilson?  It'd be great to find out that he's just an argumentative bugger as well.

🙄

Honestly, beyond a couple of spats with Tallentire, I've no idea what Billy is accusing me of here. Good of you to take his word for it, though.

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

🙄

Honestly, beyond a couple of spats with Tallentire, I've no idea what Billy is accusing me of here. Good of you to take his word for it, though.

Don't try and drag me into yet another argument.  I'm on to you now!

On 8/28/2020 at 9:56 AM, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

What are the odds of Gill and Woodgate replacing them.

I wouldn't mind...at least then they couldn't interfere with the team.

Also, given that Woody talked a good game, I get the feeling he'd be a better writer than coach. Either that or maybe he could replace Steve Vickers as BBC Tees' colour commentator?

22 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

You are always arguing with people on Twitter, your like a completely different person on there an absolute animal. 

Isn't that what Twitter (and social media in general) is for?

4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Also, given that Woody talked a good game, I get the feeling he'd be a better writer than coach.

They'd probably have to accept his match reports in crayon. 

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

🙄

To be fair, I don’t follow any of you on Twitter, I tend to avoid football stuff I use it more for work stuff or music, news and politics. 

27 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Thats assuming he didn't eat them or try and stick them up his nose.

It’s ok as long as you don’t give him purple ones as purple is his favourite flavour 😀

• Haha 3