oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Supporters Forum (MSF)

Afternoon everyone

I thought I would do a quick introduction on the main forum, as I have just posted on the new members thread.

Firstly, my name is Mark Motley and I recently became the new chairman of Middlesbrough Supporters Forum MSF.

I have been a regular reader of this forum but never posted, and I though the time was right to set up an account so I can interact with everyone on here.

I know in the past, people have been fairly cynical of the MSF, and I'm looking to change how the forum is run, the perception of it as well as be a lot more visible and ensure the communication is much better.

In terms of MSF going forward, I think it’s obvious we need to better at communication. So I will address that as a starting point. I have created an account on here and also on other forums. I have also set up a new Facebook page. I also want to get the minutes out from meetings a lot quicker.

We also need to ensure that we change the perception of the group from exclusive to inclusive. So as well as looking to bring new supporter groups on board I also want to have a range of supporters and guests at meetings to give views. So I would like somebody at each meeting to represent those from this board.😃

So hopefully you will see some positive changes over the coming weeks, the FB link is below.

MSF Facebook page

In terms of what I have been involved with in recent weeks... MSF met with club reps a couple of weeks ago and presented a comprehensive document that contained questions and concerns around the current situation with tickets and a restricted Riverside return. All those questions and concerns had been taken from various forums, social media platforms and emails and have been discussed. The club are also keen to keep the communication going with MSF, which is great.

We should be seeing a comprehensive communication from the club about their plans very very soon that details everything from what is happening with loyalty points, to streaming and season cards etc.

Hope this helps

Cheers Mark

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Mark_MSF said:

We should be seeing a comprehensive communication from the club about their plans very very soon that details everything from what is happening with loyalty points, to streaming and season cards etc.

Sounds promising but I'll believe it when I see it. What were some of the questions/concerns posed to the club?

Surely mention of shocking recruitment and strategy over the past few years?

Just now, Weasel said:

Sounds promising but I'll believe it when I see it. What were some of the questions/concerns posed to the club?

Surely mention of shocking recruitment and strategy over the past few years?

The forum doesn't discuss team, recruitment or players, its everything else but that.

The dissatisfaction around communication was raised and they took the feedback.

The document covered a range of topics in relation to the current situation from how the remaining tickets should be sold, what will happen with the streaming service, concourse info, what is happening with away support, more communication, loyalty points etc.

4 hours ago, Mark_MSF said:

The forum doesn't discuss team, recruitment or players, its everything else but that.

Not discounting the stuff that MSF does discuss as there's clearly a lot of important things that supporters absolutely need help with.

However, I'm not sure why the team, recruitment or players don't come into the picture at all, ever, perhaps you could help explain that to us? Is it just that there's more important things to talk about during these events? Is it that the representatives of the club aren't even able to ask those questions? Or is it just explicitly not allowed on the agenda as part of this forum?

I think really when you consider the long-term financial input that some fans provide, even during uncertain times like this, is there really no entitlement for those fans to ask questions about the performance, about the strategy? And not just through discussion on forums like this because we know for a fact that that doesn't provide answers, nobody from this forum is in a position to represent the club on these matters.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

However, I'm not sure why the team, recruitment or players don't come into the picture at all, ever, perhaps you could help explain that to us? Is it just that there's more important things to talk about during these events? Is it that the representatives of the club aren't even able to ask those questions? Or is it just explicitly not allowed on the agenda as part of this forum?

Probably because it would just turn into 'Why did or didn't we sign so and so?', 'How come we lost at Barnsley?' etc.  I thought the purpose of the group was to try and improve the experience of being a Boro fan rather than anything else?

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Probably because it would just turn into 'Why did or didn't we sign so and so?', 'How come we lost at Barnsley?' etc.  I thought the purpose of the group was to try and improve the experience of being a Boro fan rather than anything else?

I really don't see why it would have to be so nonconstructive. Surely questions can be asked of the long-term strategy and goals without it turning into a BBC Tees post-match phone-in.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I really don't see why it would have to be so nonconstructive. Surely questions can be asked of the long-term strategy and goals without it turning into a BBC Tees post-match phone-in.

I just think it would, mate, or at least I reckon that's how the club would view it.

4 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Is this the same supporters forum that we applied to join but then something mysterious happened to our application and then nothing more was said about it?

No need to be a tosser about it. The man has just taken over and is reaching out. Whatever did or didn’t happen in the past is beyond his control. It can only be a good thing for the Oneboro forum to be involved 

6 hours ago, Blanco said:

No need to be a tosser about it. The man has just taken over and is reaching out. Whatever did or didn’t happen in the past is beyond his control. It can only be a good thing for the Oneboro forum to be involved 

Wasn't being a tosser, was asking a question. Get back in your box.

Now, now that's not the best way of impressing anyone about our inclusion to the forum under discussion.

Yes you are all correct this is the group that we should have been a member of by now but sadly is not the case at the moment.

Our dear member Red Rocket did a great first introduction to the forum and following that we were asked to apply.

Of all of the moderation team there is only Jen and Boro-Unger who could represent us and Jen agreed she would carry the mantle for us and working with Rob (oneBoro) would apply to the forum. Certainly we were not afraid of being rejected and as mentioned we should have been a member by now.

However aspect arose for a period of time that Jen could not commit to following up and what with Covid 19 the urgency of participating took a back seat.

Jen is very well known and we still hoped that she could be the one to take things forward and so I was pleased to hear from her that she is in a position to become involved and act on our behalf.

So I am delighted to read this thread and with Mark's assistance then hopefully when all gets back on track we will have our own full time forum rep.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1