oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough Supporters Forum (MSF)

6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If Jen is still our representative does that mean she'll be more active on the forum again?

I believe so she did volunteer to do a match day thread!🙂

Give her time and support because let's face it there has been nothing recently to become very active on the forum.

Thankfully we have many members who are very capable of just keeping the ball rolling (maybe the players can start doing that) and adding loads of drivel, me included!

It is interesting that Mark mentioned additional reps being involved/part of the forum and if that is the case I may very well ask forum members who live in Middlesbrough to consider being forum reps for oneBoro

Hi everyone

I had intended to come back on the forum sooner to answer some of the questions so apologies.

Firstly, I'm not sure what happened with the previous application that you made to join MSF and when that was. Im not sure if i was involved in the group at that point or not, but it was not something i was aware of. Was a reason provided why you could not join? I would be interested to know.

In terms of MSF discussing team affairs, this is not something we can really have any influence on. Recruitment, style of play who we should sign and who is playing well etc are all things that are subjective, and as somebody has already mentioned these types of discussions turn into a big debates that go on and on.

We discuss all things to do with football operations, supporter issues, community initiative's, ticketing, foodbanks, loyalty points, policing, stewarding, away travel, communications. Anything about the team we cant influence.

We are currently heavily involved in supporting the club in planning the return to the Riverside under the covid rules and how the remaining tickets should be distributed. 

What I would like is somebody from this forum to be a permanent member of MSF who can provide feedback, ideas, put points forward have no issue with talking at the meetings etc. I wont be asking you to fill in application form to join.

In regards to getting views from other supporters, I plan to invite a number of guests to each meeting to listen in or raise any points. I want a wide range of views. 

Cheers

11 hours ago, Mark_MSF said:

Hi everyone

I had intended to come back on the forum sooner to answer some of the questions so apologies.

Firstly, I'm not sure what happened with the previous application that you made to join MSF and when that was. Im not sure if i was involved in the group at that point or not, but it was not something i was aware of. Was a reason provided why you could not join? I would be interested to know.

In terms of MSF discussing team affairs, this is not something we can really have any influence on. Recruitment, style of play who we should sign and who is playing well etc are all things that are subjective, and as somebody has already mentioned these types of discussions turn into a big debates that go on and on.

We discuss all things to do with football operations, supporter issues, community initiative's, ticketing, foodbanks, loyalty points, policing, stewarding, away travel, communications. Anything about the team we cant influence.

We are currently heavily involved in supporting the club in planning the return to the Riverside under the covid rules and how the remaining tickets should be distributed. 

What I would like is somebody from this forum to be a permanent member of MSF who can provide feedback, ideas, put points forward have no issue with talking at the meetings etc. I wont be asking you to fill in application form to join.

In regards to getting views from other supporters, I plan to invite a number of guests to each meeting to listen in or raise any points. I want a wide range of views. 

Cheers

Please see above Mark, Jen (Red Rocket) is our nominated forum rep hopefully you can liaisebetween yourselves to move matters forward. Being so far away makes this difficult for me personaly

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Please see above Mark, Jen (Red Rocket) is our nominated forum rep hopefully you can liaisebetween yourselves to move matters forward. Being so far away makes this difficult for me personaly

Perfect, I will make contact with Jen. Thanks everyone 

Just a bit of an update on MFC communications, you can expect something comprehensive to come out very soon (this week, maybe today or tomorrow ) in regards how a restricted Riverside will work. The communication will include details around the remaining tickets, streaming, concourse away fans, loyalty points etc.

A lot of the main questions I took to MFC from forums and social media will be answered. 

cheers 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

@Mark_MSF Any inkling of how many people have  “pledged to renew”? I’ve signed up but wondered what my chances are.

Say 14,000 s/t holders last year
8000ish renewed already.
How many out the remaining 6000 won’t have renewed because; the football has been pants, Covid-fear, loss of job/earnings etc etc?

any idea??

EDIT:  n/m there’s been 2500 applications. If anyone else was interested; https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/pledge-to-renew-window-now-closed

Edited by HoyteForLeftBack