oneBoro Forum
SmogDane

Boro v Shrewsbury (EFL CUP) 4-3 (Johnson Fletcher(2) Tavernier)r

8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Mcnair and saville are on international duty

Strange to have an international break during the league cup. Loads of championship teams have international players

Just now, BoroJake said:

Strange to have an international break during the league cup. Loads of championship teams have international players

Think the cup was organised after the internationals in this case - with the condensed season they have to fit things in where they can. Personally I would have done away with this cup for the season. 

Either 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 (Diamond) for me. 3 at the back if we're looking to use this game as prep for the league games, 4 at the back of we might want to not risk our two senior CBs together - in which case I reckon Hall would be rested for Wood/Stubbs.

Screenshot_20200831-124556__01.thumb.jpg.244acd50bdab88dd92816fca1c8ca796.jpg

Or

Screenshot_20200831-124715__01.jpg

10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Think the cup was organised after the internationals in this case - with the condensed season they have to fit things in where they can. Personally I would have done away with this cup for the season. 

The majority of teams will be out of it before September ends, I don't think it will cause too much bother, I'm liking the condensed League Cup fixtures.

We'll have a good week of football with internationals and domestic matches overlapping.

Boro on Friday, England on Saturday, England on Tuesday, Boro on Friday.

Given the current squad and what personnel we have at our disposal I think a back 3 with wing-backs suits us best. I'd go with...

Stoj

Spence, Fry, Hall, Stubbs, Coulson

Browne, Howson, Tav

Fletcher, Britt

Let's have a go at this then... I doubt Fry will go into the team given he's been out. Given there's no Saville or McNair I suspect that will mean we change formation altogether from our supposed future plan.

Stojanovic

Dijksteel Hall Stubbs Johnson

Spence Wing Howson Tav Browne

Britt

On the other hand, will Fry get game time to see how much work needs to be done on him before League starts?

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Question: Why is the H in Hello in bold?

125071.jpg

• Like 1

Which team and formation?

--------------------------------Stoj

--------------Stubbs ------ Hall ---- Fry

Spence -----Howson - Liddle - Coulson

-------------------------Tavernier

-----------------Fletcher - Assombalonga

Pears - Dijksteel - Wood - Malley - Johnson - Wing - Walker

Will we sign anymore players before kick off? (lol)

No

Will Changing Times continue his nice boy streak?

Who?

Can we win?

Yes.

How far can we go in this cup?

We can beat this team, that's as far as I am willing to predict.

Edited by Tobermory Whitby

Having not won at home in 2020 so far in the league I don't know if a win against Shrewsbury would count?

Sense a banana skin here if we are not up to the job

Must win game. 

Is Fry even fit to start a game considering no one has seen him since the team returned. Hard to tell what formation should be used. I just don't want Johnson at LB. That's more or less the only demand I have. Fair enough if it's wingback in a 3-5-2 but not as an orthodox LB. 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Must win game. 

Is Fry even fit to start a game considering no one has seen him since the team returned. Hard to tell what formation should be used. I just don't want Johnson at LB. That's more or less the only demand I have. Fair enough if it's wingback in a 3-5-2 but not as an orthodox LB. 

Not 100% sure but think Fry went back to training yesterday.

• Like 1

Stoj 

Dijksteel.    Hall.    Fry

spence.                               Johnson    
       Howson.       Wing.      Tav 

Britt.           Fletch

not an ideal line up, I’d prefer Coulson and saville in there, but that’s the closest we will get to our starting 11 come match day  1.

if Warnock does attempt to send a statement, I can see Stubbs in for dijksteel and a youth teamer in cm. I also expect a bench including the likes of folarin etc and very little else. He may get the same statement by not naming a full bench.....

Doom and gloom aside, it’s a solid starting 11, it’s just missing depth for a long season.

For 10 pounds domestic users can stream the game. 10 quid for a stream for a first round carabao cup 🤣