oneBoro Forum

5 yes 5

Sorry to put a damper on it. But whereas it’s nice to beat the magpies and even nicer to do it convincingly it’s a pre season game so it means absolutely nought Imo

16 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Sorry to put a damper on it. But whereas it’s nice to beat the magpies and even nicer to do it convincingly it’s a pre season game so it means absolutely nought Imo

Sure, but knocking 5 past a supposedly near full strength Magpies team must, at the very least, be great for the confidence. Sure it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but it's a pretty great preseason result.

I may have miss interpreted the confidence aspect of it. I read it as it should give us the fans confidence in the team rather than the players. But yes the players may take confidence in the result

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Uwe said:

You don't think the lads will be upbeat going into the Shrewsbury game after that? Obviously the result means nothing in terms of actual progression but I think we'd be worried if we just lost 5-1 to anyone 3 days before the start of the season and I think there's got to be positives of being the team doing that.

It'll be nicer if we can grab a few goals in the Shrewsbury game, though, for sure.

And naturally you've already addressed it. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1