oneBoro Forum

80s classic

It was from the season before I started following football and the Boro, but the 'McClean Homes' shirt from 1983-84 were the most '80s style imaginable! No club badge and the players must have been weighed down fron having to carry around such huge advertising! It would be fascinating to know how much the deal was worth for that one season (I think Cameron's took over as shirt sponsor the season after) compared to today's prices.                                                          

s-l400.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, I think it's a classic shirt too (the fact that you can buy a replica in the club shop suggests that many Boro supporters feel the same way! 🙂) Did the shirt you've got pictured previously belong to a Boro player?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 8:10 AM, Red G said:

Yes, I think it's a classic shirt too (the fact that you can buy a replica in the club shop suggests that many Boro supporters feel the same way! 🙂) Did the shirt you've got pictured previously belong to a Boro player?

Given to my late brother when in hospital in 86, 6 Boro players had gone to the General hospital to visit my brother who was involved in a awful works accident 

I had wrote to the football club when my brother was hospitalised & Bruce was just appointed, the 1st think he did was read my letter, call for Mogga & a number of players to visit my brother, I would like to think it was the 1st time Bruce Rioch picked his team

The  shirt was given to my brother by Mogga, who gave it to me 👍

Edited by Erimus74
  • Like 5