oneBoro Forum

Farewell

@Weasel

we do have a reporting system that many users employ and the mod team always inform the person of what’s been done and said and also ask what course of action the person reporting a post would like to see

apologies @WeaselI meant to copy @wilsoncgp into that post 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can this be moved to the transfer thread.

This is why we do things by DM. Comments like these don’t add to the situation🤦‍♂️

To err is human.....let him that is without sin...forgive us our trespasses....we all say things that we don't think through...and the main thing in life is to try not to repeat our mistakes...if Barn

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Technically they aren't "illegal" at all. These are people seeking asylum to the UK, which you cannot do legally, until you are in the UK.

They are entering the country without permission, therefore it's illegal.  I can't just wander into other countries either funnily enough.  Well, except Wales and Scotland, but why would I want to go there 😬

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

They are entering the country without permission, therefore it's illegal.  I can't just wander into other countries either funnily enough.  Well, except Wales and Scotland, but why would I want to go there 😬

Refugees seeking asylum in the UK cannot be penalised for entering the UK without permission, if they are seeking asylum and are coming from place where their life/freedom is threatened. Where the misinterpretation comes is people crossing the Channel are technically coming from France, which to many is deemed a "safe" country. But back in the late 90's a UK court agreed refugees should have some degree of choice in which country they want to seek asylum in. 

So in theory yes they are entering the country without permission, but if they seek asylum as soon as they arrive then it is not illegal. But anyway, let focus on the Boro, who have just conceded (Shock - not really a shock).

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Also the amount of asylum seekers we take in each year is tiny compared to most of Europe.

Turkey takes in many many more and arguably the quality of life isn't as good there.

think the problem for some, especially teessiders is that the majority of them end up here. Teesside is in the only area in the country that exceeds the government limits on per capita rate of asylum seekers. 

14 minutes ago, tmcc said:

think the problem for some, especially teessiders is that the majority of them end up here. Teesside is in the only area in the country that exceeds the government limits on per capita rate of asylum seekers. 

Is there a link to this tmcc?

Just now, PsychFur said:

Is there a link to this tmcc?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34597022 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/middlesbrough-continues-home-highest-proportion-11391415

was a few years back, i dont think the information is accurate currently. but we are still up there. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/09/its-a-shambles-data-shows-most-asylum-seekers-put-in-poorest-parts-of-britain interesting article from the guardian, about how the poorest areas of the country have the highest rates of asylum seekers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, tmcc said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34597022 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/middlesbrough-continues-home-highest-proportion-11391415

was a few years back, i dont think the information is accurate currently. but we are still up there. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/09/its-a-shambles-data-shows-most-asylum-seekers-put-in-poorest-parts-of-britain interesting article from the guardian, about how the poorest areas of the country have the highest rates of asylum seekers. 

Thanks tmcc I think what this shows is that both Middlesbrough and Stockton have taken disproportionately high numbers of asylum seekers rather than taking in the 'majority'. Other authorities take 'more' but we take more per head of local population.

I have to say it doesn't impact on me so I'm not necessarily concerned by it however I would like to hear the concerns of Teessiders who feel it does impact on their daily lives and why.

Just now, PsychFur said:

Thanks tmcc I think what this shows is that both Middlesbrough and Stockton have taken disproportionately high numbers of asylum seekers rather than taking in the 'majority'. Other authorities take 'more' but we take more per head of local population.

I have to say it doesn't impact on me so I'm not necessarily concerned by it however I would like to hear the concerns of Teessiders who feel it does impact on their daily lives and why.

yes, sorry my message wasnt clear, i did mention that were the only area to exceed the "per capita rate" in my original post, but the use of majority i admit was a confusing addition to my point. 

I currently live in live in north america so admit it dosent impact me, but im of the opinion that sending asylum seekers to the poorest areas of the country is a recipe for disaster. it offers an easy target for those already disenfranchised people living in the areas. 

The concerns iv heard are along the lines of asylum seekers being first in line for council housing and things of that nature. Basically jumping the que for key services in the area, However, i havnt seen any evidence that backs up this claim. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Stay out of Denmark or I’ll eat your crisps

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, Barnaby said:

I made a response to a poster,In reference to going back to grounds as supporters after this Pandemic is over,I Merely pointed out this pandemic is nowhere near over,and wont be while people are entering the country illegally,Enter this country by legal means and you are checked/tested...I still fail to see where racism came into this, I was merely pointing this out,If people want to come to our country fine,I didn't visit dozens of countries in our Royal Navy uninvited and would have laid down my life protecting them 

In fairness Covid also won't go away as long as idiots insist on holding illegal raves and house parties etc. Not to mention packing beaches & beauty spots when the weather's nice (and dumping their potentially contaminated rubbish). The threat posed by illegal immigrants is probably quite low in comparison...although it obviously doesn't help.

I didn't see the original exchange, so I won't pass judgement. If the mods are happy the incident was dealt with I would hope you decide to keep posting.

15 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

In fairness Covid also won't go away as long as idiots insist on holding illegal raves and house parties etc. Not to mention packing beaches & beauty spots when the weather's nice (and dumping their potentially contaminated rubbish). The threat posed by illegal immigrants is probably quite low in comparison...although it obviously doesn't help.

I didn't see the original exchange, so I won't pass judgement. If the mods are happy the incident was dealt with I would hope you decide to keep posting.

It also doesn't help that lots of people enter this country legally and aren't tested.

21 hours ago, Barnaby said:

I made a response to a poster,In reference to going back to grounds as supporters after this Pandemic is over,I Merely pointed out this pandemic is nowhere near over,and wont be while people are entering the country illegally,Enter this country by legal means and you are checked/tested...I still fail to see where racism came into this, I was merely pointing this out,If people want to come to our country fine,I didn't visit dozens of countries in our Royal Navy uninvited and would have laid down my life protecting them 

You are not tested/checked for COVID when entering the country under any circumstances, legal or not. 

The hundreds of thousands of Brits happily holidaying across Europe (and the sheer number who won't quatantine after) and coming home are clearly a far higher risk for bringing it in than a few hundred refugees. 

The suggestion that refugees are somehow responsible for the pandemic continuing is itself is racist. 

• Like 2