oneBoro Forum

Fantasy football draft league

There's been a few mentions on the paid fantasy league thread about starting a draft league so thought a separate thread might be handy.

I'm going to create a league through the main fpl site, and set a draft Day of Friday (to catch as many transfers as possible) and will organise a time to suit as many people as possible.

If you're interested in giving this a go (please bear with me as I've not done one of these before!) Then leave a comment below with the best time for you for the draft to take place!

Just to add this will be free and just for bragging rights!

There's a maximum of 18 teams so will be on a first come first served basis!

5 minutes ago, Teacider said:

There's been a few mentions on the paid fantasy league thread about starting a draft league so thought a separate thread might be handy.

I'm going to create a league through the main fpl site, and set a draft Day of Friday (to catch as many transfers as possible) and will organise a time to suit as many people as possible.

If you're interested in giving this a go (please bear with me as I've not done one of these before!) Then leave a comment below with the best time for you for the draft to take place!

Just to add this will be free and just for bragging rights!

There's a maximum of 18 teams so will be on a first come first served basis!

tenor.gif?itemid=17733141

Friday, I am working until half 4 so wouldn't be available until after that, if that lines up with everyone else?

Yes I’m in. Just a quick note. You don’t have to be around at the time of the draft to play. You can select a list which will pick for you automatically. The quicker you set up the league, the quicker players can enter and select their lists.

Mate If you're going to do a draft league, do it through an app other than the official site.

The reason being, the scoring is very limited on the official game - goals, assists, clean sheets and bonus points. When you think about a draft league, you generally have 10-12 teams, thats 140 players - there's not 140 players in the league that are any use in fantasy with official scoring! It leaves the free agent pool completely unusable and you tend to get no trades because you can only do likenfor like trades 

I recommend fantrax with togga scoring. Basically this means as well as the normal scoring metrics, players get points for key passes, tackles, aerial duels, interceptions, dribbles.. pretty much everything on the pitch. It means more players are useful and you can be more tactical about who you pick up and when.

Sorry, i hadn't finished haah

You can also change your team right up to the kick off of every match. Ie if you have one player left to play in the last game of the weekend and he's benched, you can swap him for another player who is playing either from your bench or the free agent pool. 

I've been playing draft for years and this is far and away the best format, although it does tend to take over your life a little at the weekend! - if you want to chat more about it if be happy to give you the lowdown and give you a hand setting it up if you prefer this 

4 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Sorry, i hadn't finished haah

You can also change your team right up to the kick off of every match. Ie if you have one player left to play in the last game of the weekend and he's benched, you can swap him for another player who is playing either from your bench or the free agent pool. 

I've been playing draft for years and this is far and away the best format, although it does tend to take over your life a little at the weekend! - if you want to chat more about it if be happy to give you the lowdown and give you a hand setting it up if you prefer this 

That sounds waaaay to involved for a first time round for me 

19 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

That sounds waaaay to involved for a first time round for me 

Haha fair. Probably not enough time to prep. Definitely worth thinking about it for next season if you enjoy the official draft.