oneBoro Forum

Watford v Boro 1-0

For 5-8 games of a new season are a bit of a lottery. Where fitness and who’s clicked best plays more of a factor than players ability. So this score could be anything. I just hope it falls in our favour

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watford fan here - I come in peace. As many of you have pointed out it appears like it's a good time to play us. From an outside perspective that's totally understandable. I thought I'd share our

One positive I do want to make is I think Dijksteel is turning into a quality player back there. My MOTM again today, looks comfortable as the RCB.

I'm a bit amazed that tav is getting criticism after that half. Everything good about us has gone through him. Yes he loses the ball and sometimes hits wayward passes but that's what happens when you

Posted Images

Well Warnock has done well away from home but I don’t see BORO as a competitive balanced squad with enough depth. I don’t see anything to suggest we have addressed our weakness in defense and we still lack the ability of speed and goals. I’ll be surprised I’d we can hold a two goal deficit.  I don’t see anything but defeat and I see a draw as successful. I think we will improve over a period of time and may see a system,  balance and belief around 6 - 10 games in but only if we are not basement 

Which team and formation should Neil Warnock pick?

It'll be the 352.

--------------------Stoj/Betinelli---------------
-------------Dijksteel - Hall - Fry--------------
Spence ------------------------------ Johnson
------------------------Howson------------------
---------------------Tav - Saville----------------
---------------------Britt - Fletch---------------

What will the scoreline be and who scores if any? 

Think we will lose 2-1. Britt or Fletch to score.

Will we have signed any new players before the game and will they be involved in the squad for this particular game?

Yes. Betinelli & Sanogo. Morsy maybe but I think he might not sign till the weekend.

Are you confident, that Warnock will get the maximum out of his players, and we can compete in this league? We were nearly relegated last season, but NW saved us, with an incredible away statistic for the 8 games he was manager in.

Yes I am. Warnock is a monster in this league so whether our squad is deep enough or not I think he will get the players he does have available performing at max for him. Whether that gets us anywhere is another question though.

4 hours ago, Duvel said:

People say its a good time to play them I actually think the opposite. 

I actually agree with this, even though most don't. I think it take a while for the wheels to fall off and the despair of being in the championship to really take effect. Also closer to, and after, deadline day will also impact morale as bigger name players can leave (or be 'stuck'). 

I think this is the best time to play Watford away this season. No crowd. New manager and team not settled after relegation. They also appear to have had a shorter pre season than us. 

I've got a feeling we could catch them cold.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

As MJ above says this could be a really good time to play them. Clearly all is not well in the Hornets nest.

https://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watford-players-already-privately-complaining-4491901

Nothing quite as good as it seems and the local paper is reporting it? What is this!? I thought local papers weren't allowed to report a negative image of the club? This is ridiculous, how dare they. 😡😡😡

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Nothing quite as good as it seems and the local paper is reporting it? What is this!? I thought local papers weren't allowed to report a negative image of the club? This is ridiculous, how dare they. 😡😡😡

Watford change managers often enough that the paper can say what they want and the manager won't have chance to get annoyed about it.

I expect he'll be one of the favourites for the sack unless Watford start really well.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

As MJ above says this could be a really good time to play them. Clearly all is not well in the Hornets nest.

https://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watford-players-already-privately-complaining-4491901

Interesting culture that the owners have allowed to develop there.  If the players know that the owners are trigger happy when it comes to managers then you're going to have issues like this over and over again.

• Like 2

Since the 09/10 season we've played at Vicarage Road 7 times (6 times in the Championship, once in the Prem). We have won once, drawn 2 and lost 4 times.

The last time we played them at Vicarage road in the Championship, was when they beat us 2-0 in the 14/15 season. For some reason, I remember that game for the main fact that it was Dwight Tiendalli's debut. 

Unrelated story but I went to visit my mate who lived in Shepard's Bush, for the first time after he moved to London, after the game. He said his house was infront of a big "warehouse" called the Loft, it turned out that the big "warehouse" was Loftus Road (he isn't into his football).

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Haha 2

Which team and formation should Neil Warnock pick?

----------------------------Bettinelli/Stojanovic

----------Djiktsteel ----------- Hall ------------------ Fry

Spence -------------------- Saville/Morsy ----------------- Coulson

------------McNair ------------------------------Tavernier

-------------------------Fletcher Assombalonga

What will the scoreline be and who scores if any? 

3-1 to Watford - Deeney hat-trick.  Wing consolation from sub in 92nd minute.

Will we have signed any new players before the game and will they be involved in the squad for this particular game?

Hopefully. See above.

Are you confident, that Warnock will get the maximum out of his players, and we can compete in this league? We were nearly relegated last season, but NW saved us, with an incredible away statistic for the 8 games he was manager in.

I'm more confident with NW than I was with Woodgate, although I don't expect us to get to the play-offs, I do hope we will be safely distant from the bottom 3 for most of the season.