oneBoro Forum

Watford v Boro 1-0

Feeling quietly confident about this game and glad to have the football back. Good time to play Watford as I guess they'll grow into the season and be a much stronger force when we play them at home.

I'd take a draw to get the season underway, but it wouldn't surprise me if we continue our excellent away form under warnock. 2-1 Boro. Early goal from Watford. First half equaliser from Saville, then a late winner from Tav.

I'm guessing we won't get a stream of this one on the Boro website as it's on sky/technically a weekend away game?

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watford fan here - I come in peace. As many of you have pointed out it appears like it's a good time to play us. From an outside perspective that's totally understandable. I thought I'd share our

One positive I do want to make is I think Dijksteel is turning into a quality player back there. My MOTM again today, looks comfortable as the RCB.

I'm a bit amazed that tav is getting criticism after that half. Everything good about us has gone through him. Yes he loses the ball and sometimes hits wayward passes but that's what happens when you

Posted Images

Strangely doesn't feel like a matchday.

Off to Whitby for fish and chips and a few pints, then Central Park, then the pub for the match.

It's not a game I have much expectation for, although I'd be ecstatic with a win.

Edited by TeaCider24

Impossible to say what to expect, other than I'm certain it's not going to be pretty😉

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet but I also can't see us drawing a blank either. The first few games back in the league after promotion are often hard for the relegated team so hopefully we can take advantage of that and NW have the players fired up and ready. And with a new manager and someone who hasn't coached in England it's difficult to say how Watford will look. Warnock should have the upper hand here.

This is the first time in afew seasons (since Pulis) that I'm really looking forward to watching the Boro, we may not play total football with Warnock but for me he's starting to bring a feel good factor back to the club!

Reckon we could nick this 1-0 UTB

28 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Strangely oesn't feel like a matchday.

Off to Whitby for fish and chips and a few pints, then Central Park, then the pub for the match.

It's not a game I have much expectation for, although I'd be ecstatic with a win.

That's because it isn't.

Saturday is and always will be "match day" 

Any other day that football is on is just the day of the game.

• Like 1

The promotion push starts tonight 😁. However these along with Norwich are currently the best sides in the division. Especially with us really only having a starting 11 no bench. We will do proper well to get a draw that's hopefully entertaining so 1-1 or 2-2. Then hopefully we get some more signings in and we can build towards glory this season 🤩 (love start of season optimism) 

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The promotion push starts tonight 😁. However these along with Norwich are currently the best sides in the division. Especially with us really only having a starting 11 no bench. We will do proper well to get a draw that's hopefully entertaining so 1-1 or 2-2. Then hopefully we get some more signings in and we can build towards glory this season 🤩 (love start of season optimism) 

Have they ditched the 5 subs rule for this season?

Saw this as Watford's predicted lineup:

--------------------Foster;

----Dawson---Kabasele----Wilmot;

Ngakia---Chalobah--Cleverley---Estupinan;

-------------Bashiru--------Quina;

---------------------Murray

We're definitely playing them at the right time if this is the case, I don't really see many players there to be fearful of... not saying we're favourites or anything but think we could give them a good go.

• Like 1

We were really solid away from home after Warnock took over, however it looks like our defence needs a bit more time together if Shrewsbury was anything to go by. That said Mcnair and Saville might stiffen up the midfield a bit to provide some protection, though I am not at all confident they will be able to. Hopeful rather than optimistic. 

24 minutes ago, Leesider said:

At least we wont be bottom if we lose with Sheffield Wednsdays point deduction! My prediction 1-1 with Savilles  scuffed shot in off the post after 2 deflections on the way,has to happen at some stage

and who scores our goal?

• Haha 1