• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watford fan here - I come in peace. As many of you have pointed out it appears like it's a good time to play us. From an outside perspective that's totally understandable. I thought I'd share our

One positive I do want to make is I think Dijksteel is turning into a quality player back there. My MOTM again today, looks comfortable as the RCB.

I'm a bit amazed that tav is getting criticism after that half. Everything good about us has gone through him. Yes he loses the ball and sometimes hits wayward passes but that's what happens when you

Posted Images

Tav best player on the pitch. 

Seen the best and the worst of fletcher in that half.

Saville hasn't been great, howson poor. Johnsons delivery has been god awful, but at least he hasn't made a terrible defensive error yet. 

• Like 1

Disappointing half when you consider the Watford performance. Concede a disappointing goal. Going forward they've been okay but a couple of their chances come from poor midfield marking. We've caught them out defensively once or twice.

We can get something out of this but we don't look entirely up to speed either. Got to improve. Just a shame there's not much on the bench right now to change it up.

13 minutes ago, cornishboroboy said:

Still not fully convinced with Tav at the moment. 

He always seem to just do that bit too much most times when he gets the ball. Could be to do with those around him or an exuberance of youth, but his decision making isn't the greatest at the moment in my opinion.

Jeepers. You really do want us to have a team with absolutely zero flair don’t ya? 😬

Just now, Dynamo Kev said:

we have got stronger as the half went on. looked to me like they wanted the whistle to blow ten minutes ago. we can come back and beat these. just need the ball to fall kindly for us. not had any breaks in their box.

Totally agree britt and fletcher have their 3 cb all over the place, their only threat is pedro think we need to be mindful of the counter attack secons half but dont see why we wont get something from this

Still retaining a bit of my pre season optimism, both teams have looked a little suspect defensively, we've created a couple of chances and I definitely think we'll score more this year. I think the majority of teams in this league would struggle against some of the quality in this Watford 11.

Hmm...well it could have been worse.

Watford weren't as imposing as I thought they'd be...sadly Boro were rather worse than I was hoping for.

I think that early goal may have actually benefitted us as the hosts felt once they got their noses in front, they could take it easy. Didn't play with great intensity, but parted ourt defence easily enough when they did get forward. Looked solid defensively, restricting us to a couple of shots that were comfortable saves for Foster and some off-target efforts.

Hope Warnock has a Plan B up his sleeve, as Plan A isn't working. TBH if the game finished like this it wouldn't be a disaster. We were always going to be right up against it, playing an ex-Premier League team on their own turf.

All I really want is to see Boro play with a bit more intelligence and intensity. Would be nice to see a bit of joined up thinking between the lads. 

• Like 1