• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watford fan here - I come in peace. As many of you have pointed out it appears like it's a good time to play us. From an outside perspective that's totally understandable. I thought I'd share our

One positive I do want to make is I think Dijksteel is turning into a quality player back there. My MOTM again today, looks comfortable as the RCB.

I'm a bit amazed that tav is getting criticism after that half. Everything good about us has gone through him. Yes he loses the ball and sometimes hits wayward passes but that's what happens when you

Posted Images

We are better organised than last season which you would expect under Warnock but the same problems are there for all to see, a lack of pace width and creativity in the centre leading to little or no chance for our forwards. On that showing and with no changes in personnel then mid table mediocrity beckons

The Good

First half performance especially Tav

The Bad

Grant Hall

The Ugly

Total lack of ideas and/or options

Probably the best CBs+GK in the league we just came up against and we fell short don't think we were great but also we tackled well and defended better than we did against Shrewsbury just think it's as simple as missing striking options off the bench and Spence/Johnson having shockers.

We just got the toughest away trip on paper of the season out of the way and went down to an individual error goal by Hall whilst looking a bit toothless. I'd rather this than being sold how great it is to draw against Luton and how happy our manager is to see goals go in at both ends...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The easiest 3 point's Watford will get this season. Horrendous attacking performance from us yet again. 

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The easiest 3 point's Watford will get this season. Horrendous attacking performance from us yet again. 

It won’t be by a long shot. 

Just now, ladyspite said:

Did you actually think we would be near play off? In that case I can understand why people complain so much. I have us at 16 as best.....

I thought we'd be a midtable team this season and that's what I saw on the pitch. 

That doesn't stop me calling a spade a spade, as a Boro fan its been a completely joyless experience for years.  

I could accept midtable mediocrity if we had a couple of flair players, never mind Juninho I long for the days of Tomlin and Adomah. 

• Like 1

I thought we were really poor all in all. Same old same old as far as that goes, didn't look at all better than last season.

Not sure if its harsh or not but Assombolonga has to score one of those 2 headers. 

• Like 1

Hmm. Well I predicted a rather lacklustre game and a 1-0 win for Watford. Wonder how well my powers will hold up for the rest of the season?

On the one hand a disappointing performance. Watford weren't all over us all game and with a bit more composure and creativity, we could have got at least a draw out of this. Weaknesses in the team and individual players were ruthlessly exposed and shows the gulf between play-off / promotion contenders and ourselves.

On the other hand, we were playing one of the best teams in the league (even if it was their 2nd / 3rd XI) and it would have been a hell of an achievement to get even a point.

We do have a bloody tough start to this season, so I don't think we should be expecting great performances and results too soon.

Personally I'm going to give it the usual 10-12 games and see where we are then...and if we have improved from tonight.

Just now, Jamie-H said:

Probably the best CBs+GK in the league we just came up against and we fell short don't think we were great but also we tackled well and defended better than we did against Shrewsbury just think it's as simple as missing striking options off the bench and Spence/Johnson having shockers.

We just got the toughest away trip on paper of the season out of the way and went down to an individual error goal by Hall whilst looking a bit toothless. I'd rather this than being sold how great it is to draw against Luton and how happy our manage is to see goals go in at both ends...

That wasn't the toughest away trip on paper, come on.  Their squad is all over the place at the moment and they played like it.  They've got loads of work to do if they aim to get promoted this season.

• Like 1