oneBoro Forum

Watford v Boro 1-0

I feel I just wasted 90 mins of my life and I don’t have much left at my age. 
So that’s  us bottem of the league then, I just hope we don’t get glued down there. 
Watford were not impressive by any standard but we couldn’t break the skin on a milk pudding. 
We had what 51 days to get ready for the start of the season but done nothing to improve the club. Where is Gibson ambition. 
Only with Warnock in control do I believe we will somehow manage mid table 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watford fan here - I come in peace. As many of you have pointed out it appears like it's a good time to play us. From an outside perspective that's totally understandable. I thought I'd share our

One positive I do want to make is I think Dijksteel is turning into a quality player back there. My MOTM again today, looks comfortable as the RCB.

I'm a bit amazed that tav is getting criticism after that half. Everything good about us has gone through him. Yes he loses the ball and sometimes hits wayward passes but that's what happens when you

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Grant hall is giving me flashbacks to Aden flint and I don’t like it

Got caught for the goal although the delivery was excellent and the header too. Please talk me through all of his other mistakes?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm wondering what you were expecting?

Would have been happy with a point. That would have been fair bit football is rarely fair. 

We dominated for large periods and but for a little flair in the final third and a small amount of luck we would were good. 

flip it around - after last season that was far better than I expected...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

An ex PL team with a huge number of players missing, a new manager, and all kinds of stuff apparently going on behind the scenes.  They haven't played well and we haven't been able to do much about it, that's what is disappointing.  They had no fluency, they looked like a patched up team and the Hall chance aside, we didn't really do much.  I also don't think we showed much ambition in trying to get back into the game either, which is a shame.

Jesus give your head a shake man. Narrowly avoid relegation last season. Mid table is what we can expect. You seem to think we are going to be challenging for promotion. We'll lose plenty more before end of season. Can't beat whinging boro supporters who think we deserve more than we are actually capable of after the 1st game- away to a team that was PL just a few short weeks ago. New manager, new team wanting to impress at home  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

Got caught for the goal although the delivery was excellent and the header too. Please talk me through all of his other mistakes?

I still want to see the goal again; the amount of "pick" plays they seem to pull on their corners, I wonder if they swapped man or something. I see absolutely no reason for Grant Hall to get spun around on a "regular" corner routine.

what i saw was an ex premier league team pretty much get everyone behind the ball and hold on to the lead from 25min onwards. going to be a long season for them watching that.  glad we wont be playing the serbian pulis every week.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

Messed up for the goal, missed a chance he really has to get on target at least and also spend most of the game passing back to the goalkeeper or hoofing it up the pitch aimlessly

Not too bad, not great either it’s early in the season and we’ve got that one out of the way. We are lacking a game changer to come on from the bench (a hard position to fill for many reasons) but the football was ok. 
Britt was more involved in a front two. I can see what Warnock is trying to do which is an improvement on Monk and Woodgate. Not a brilliant performance but more enjoyable than anything I watched under Pulis. 

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm wondering what you were expecting?

I was expecting us to not being able to pass the ball more than 2 times to eachother and have 1-2 half chances and around 30% possessions. Like the last 3 seasons. So for me we actually looked exciting...

See it all comes down to expectations.... 😉

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Uwe said:

The Good

First half performance especially Tav

The Bad

Grant Hall

The Ugly

Total lack of ideas and/or options

Hmm. I thought we were better second half. Other than that completely agree.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

We're doomed...DOOMED I tells ya! 

We're certainly not doomed, we looked reasonably solid as the game progressed. We had a decent shape defensively and worked hard as a team.

I'm sure this team could comfortably grind its way to midtable. I guess you could call that progress from last season. 

• Like 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Hmm. I thought we were better second half. Other than that completely agree.

Think it seemed we had a better second half as they let us have the  ball and defended their 1-0 lead. But we were so pedestrian it was easy for them

• Like 1