oneBoro Forum

Watford v Boro 1-0

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That wasn't the toughest away trip on paper, come on.  Their squad is all over the place at the moment and they played like it.  They've got loads of work to do if they aim to get promoted this season.

I mean they're the league favourites and have a massive squad, they had attackers missing granted but Clev/Chalobah and their backline are up there for this league Cathcart/Kabasele/Wilmot probably the best CB grouping in the league and Ngakia jumped ship from West Ham where he was offered a starting spot as their RB they hardly put out their U23s.

Their attackers did no damage to us their midfield just tracked us well and their CBs were too organised for our attacks or in Kabasele's case had the pace to recover whenever we were behind them. It's disappointing that we still lack quality especially from wide areas but we can take Britt/Fletch/Tav/Dijksteel as positives there's been plenty of worse performances from us even under Aitor we had nightmares against Watford away I don't think this is disasterous it just reinforces we need signings.

• Like 2
  • Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watford fan here - I come in peace. As many of you have pointed out it appears like it's a good time to play us. From an outside perspective that's totally understandable. I thought I'd share our

One positive I do want to make is I think Dijksteel is turning into a quality player back there. My MOTM again today, looks comfortable as the RCB.

I'm a bit amazed that tav is getting criticism after that half. Everything good about us has gone through him. Yes he loses the ball and sometimes hits wayward passes but that's what happens when you

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Messed up for the goal, missed a chance he really has to get on target at least and also spend most of the game passing back to the goalkeeper or hoofing it up the pitch aimlessly

Thanks. You’ve nailed it. 

Just now, ballyclover said:

Jesus give your head a shake man. Narrowly avoid relegation last season. Mid table is what we can expect. You seem to think we are going to be challenging for promotion. We'll lose plenty more before end of season. Can't beat whinging boro supporters who think we deserve more than we are actually capable of after the 1st game- away to a team that was PL just a few short weeks ago. New manager, new team wanting to impress at home  

We had a terrible season last season but that's about it.  Let's not act like this has been Boro for years.  I'm sure we will lose plenty more before the end of the season, I'm trying to work out how that's a positive thing though?  A new team wanting to impress at home, you missed off in front of their adoring fans I think 🙂

If Watford play like that week in, week out, then they won't be anywhere near promotion this season and you know it.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

We're certainly not doomed, we looked reasonably solid as the game progressed. We had a decent shape defensively and worked hard as a team.

I'm sure this team could comfortably grind its way to midtable. I guess you could call that progress from last season. 

Sorry - should've added a smiley face to show I was joking. I was reacting to someone else commenting on the doom mongers complaining.

3 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I mean they're the league favourites and have a massive squad, they had attackers missing granted but Clev/Chalobah and their backline are up there for this league Cathcart/Kabasele/Wilmot probably the best CB grouping in the league and Ngakia jumped ship from West Ham where he was offered a starting spot as their RB they hardly put out their U23s.

Their attackers did no damage to us their midfield just tracked us well and their CBs were too organised for our attacks or in Kabasele's case had the pace to recover whenever we were behind them. It's disappointing that we still lack quality especially from wide areas but we can take Britt/Fletch/Tav/Dijksteel as positives there's been plenty of worse performances from us even under Aitor we had nightmares against Watford away I don't think this is disasterous it just reinforces we need signings.

That version of Watford won't get promoted, I'm sure we've seen enough promotion teams over the recent years to see that. 

Obviously its early days, they'll probably sign better players and maybe have a few of the 'injured' players to come back. But on that viewing they weren't much better than us and we looked midtable. 

• Like 2

We need to bring a couple of wingers in and play Warnock’s preferred 4-3-3. 

The wing backs are nowhere near the level they need to be for this system to work well, they are the only source of creativity and the lack of quality and times was embarrassing. 

Considering Britt has been made captain he looked so poor again, and of course missed our best chance of the game. 

32 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Both full backs awful really. Any 532 or 352 formation that works is so reliant on those players doing their job right and neither have done anything to affect the game.

Yeah this is the problem. We’re relying on the full backs for pace and skill on the counter attack but they’re not good enough unfortunately. 

Just now, DevKWat said:

We need to bring a couple of wingers in and play Warnock’s preferred 4-3-3. 

The wing backs are nowhere near the level they need to be for this system to work well, they are the only source of creativity and the lack of quality and times was embarrassing. 

Considering Britt has been made captain he looked so poor again, and of course missed our best chance of the game. 

Sigh

No he didn't. He worked his socks off. He held the ball up really well & played some really good stuff through him. He should have done better with the header, I agree, but I don't even think you can class that as the best chance when Grant Halls miss exists.

• Like 5

Other than the goal and one Pedro shot from 30yard, Betenelli wasnt really tested at all.

I know Watford have a lot of injuries, but they were there to be beaten tonight had we had someone like Roberts who could run at players.

Spence gets worse the more i time watch him. He looks completely lost defensively and offensively 😂

It's only 1 game and there's still 3/4weeks left of the window, so hopefully this just highlights further our weaknesses.

• Like 2

My first phonecall tomorrow morning if I was Warnock would be to Chris Gunter we can't have Spence go all season without real competition he switches off and slacks off far too much whilst not contributing enough to make the defensive sacrifice worth it.