oneBoro Forum

Watford v Boro 1-0

With a smaller squad than last year where we were poor, an almost identical team to the one that got us relegated, I understand the disappointment but Warnock is no miracle worker. The positive is our goal difference didnt take a hammering, which it would have last year. Also it must surely highlight the necessity for at least 6 new players for us to be effective. We have so many ineffective players, without a large influx we are destined for mediocrity again. Sterile forwards, bland midfield and forced to play a formation that creates nil. Warnock needs serious backing if we have any ambition to rid us of the senior players who have let us down over the past 2 or 3 years

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watford fan here - I come in peace. As many of you have pointed out it appears like it's a good time to play us. From an outside perspective that's totally understandable. I thought I'd share our

One positive I do want to make is I think Dijksteel is turning into a quality player back there. My MOTM again today, looks comfortable as the RCB.

I'm a bit amazed that tav is getting criticism after that half. Everything good about us has gone through him. Yes he loses the ball and sometimes hits wayward passes but that's what happens when you

Posted Images

Dijksteel has got to go wing back for me from now on. He is so much better on the ball than Spence. I’d like to see coulson( Or buy an actual LB) at LWB too. Roberts or Woodrow behind the two strikers would be a huge improvement too

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Hmm. I thought we were better second half. Other than that completely agree.

I believe Warnock is capable of achieving mid table and possibly better if he gets players he picks to come in. So I’m optimistic but don’t tell anyone it will ruin my reputation, shhhh.. 

• Haha 1

Saville, Howson and McNair are so frustrating.... Every time we win the ball, we are in position to break, but those 3 *** slows everything down, letting the opponent get back in position.. 

Tight and neady, but no contributing to the attacking play at all.. 

We are really good at knicking the ball, but we Then slow mo real bad.. 

Hoping this Morsy will put one of the above permanent on the bench.. 

The 3 points were there for the taking, but Pulis kept whispering inside the Minds of our ineffective midfielders.. 

Tough first game.. We Will get better 

• Like 3

I really cannot believe the moaning on here. We were the better team by far and just got no luck at all. If you removed both goalkeepers we would have won about 7-2 but because we lost the anti Boro doom mongers are wetting the bed again 🙄 Unbelievable 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

Thought we looked better when Dijksteel moved forward with the ball and linked up with Spence.

Marv was poor on the left, didn’t get forward enough first half.

Disappointed not to have seen Coulson on. 

Paddy’s deliveries were poor as usual.

Tav looked off the pace as did Saville.

Wing wasn’t the sub I wanted to see - he didn’t change anything, was like for like. 
Hoping Morsy will release Tav to be more forward thinking. 

Early days against one of the big teams - I’m not worried. 

1 minute ago, BelgianBoro said:

Thought we looked better when Dijksteel moved forward with the ball and linked up with Spence.

Marv was poor on the left, didn’t get forward enough first half.

Disappointed not to have seen Coulson on. 

Paddy’s deliveries were poor as usual.

Tav looked off the pace as did Saville.

Wing wasn’t the sub I wanted to see - he didn’t change anything, was like for like. 
Hoping Morsy will release Tav to be more forward thinking. 

Early days against one of the big teams - I’m not worried. 

Mcnair and Saville playing two international games in last few days possibly didnt help their performances.

• Like 1

We weren't great, but I don't think anyone could have complained if we drew that game, and we had enough half chances to do so.

We need reinforcements. It was so telling that he only made 1 sub when we were losing for so long.

Watford weren't impressive, but that's to be expected when their whole team is missing.

If you expect us to be top two then you are going to be disappointed. If you think we are going to struggle the way we did last season then you are going to be pleasantly surprised. On tonight’s performance we have 10-14th written all over us. If we get 3-4 in before the window closes then Warnock might be able to weave his magic and get us close to the play-offs. 

• Like 2

Dijksteel comfortably MOTM for me, not sure what others think but I'm fairly confident he will move to RWB once Fry is up to speed and the back 3 will be Mcnair/Hall/Fry. I don't see a best 11 that doesn't feature him now. 

Be very interesting to see what happens with Morsy. A few people have said for him to replace Howson in the starting 11 but I just don't see that happening at all personally. Will have to be Saville but Warnock has sang his praises on multiple occasions and being left footed brings a natural balance. 

Some people *** the bed and some people were realistic. I had us down in predictions for a loss of this game. Reality is 1st game of season and we are playing the team predicted to walk league. 

1-Nil defeat isn't bad considering. I know Watford wasn't at full strength but you also argue we are a few away from the squad we want too. 

Good to see we weren't handed our asses to at least. Looking forward to next game and hopefully one or two more signings to add. At least we now have the midfield tank I wanted. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, xathras said:

Some people *** the bed and some people were realistic. I had us down in predictions for a loss of this game. Reality is 1st game of season and we are playing the team predicted to walk league. 

1-Nil defeat isn't bad considering. I know Watford wasn't at full strength but you also argue we are a few away from the squad we want too. 

Good to see we weren't handed our asses to at least. Looking forward to next game and hopefully one or two more signings to add. At least we now have the midfield tank I wanted. 

I agree with the sentiment of your post, but to be effective we are probably 5 or 6 short of being equipped for a good season IMO. Warnock will get the best out of what we have, without doubt.

I don’t know what to make of Spence. I thought he was very good when he first came in last season, he then went off the boil a bit and was dropped. Warnock seems to think he’s much more of an attacker than a defender but I just don’t see it. He’s not especially fast and skilful when compared to decent wingers, he looks more exciting as a RB but I almost feel feel like the 352 is for his benefit as much as anyone and I don’t think he’s good enough for that. 

• Like 1