oneBoro Forum

Watford v Boro 1-0

I'm just sick of the same old story post match like tonight Warnock says we dominated them , had more possession, created better chances but they had one chance scored while we had tones of attacking opportunities but failed to put the ball into the back of the net. This has been going on for years why do we find it so hard to score a dam goal jeez 

• Like 1
  • Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watford fan here - I come in peace. As many of you have pointed out it appears like it's a good time to play us. From an outside perspective that's totally understandable. I thought I'd share our

One positive I do want to make is I think Dijksteel is turning into a quality player back there. My MOTM again today, looks comfortable as the RCB.

I'm a bit amazed that tav is getting criticism after that half. Everything good about us has gone through him. Yes he loses the ball and sometimes hits wayward passes but that's what happens when you

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I agree with the sentiment of your post, but to be effective we are probably 5 or 6 short of being equipped for a good season IMO. Warnock will get the best out of what we have, without doubt.

I agree we are short and mentioned. 5 or 6 not sure but we are definitely a few 2 or 3 good options

For me a defender and some pace and options on wing/attack.

Also when I say a few I refer to starting 11 and not the whole squad. Sorry if that's not obvious

I think the writing was on the wall when they were standing in the tunnel before kick off Britass stood at least a foot shorter than most of the Watford players and then the run out Britass looking like he needed a corset obviously still carrying a lot of summer fat or is it just natural fat. 😄 

All the other players have six packs whilst Britass as a one pack and this is the fella we are depending on as our captain and also to win us games with his goal scoring attributes. Consolation I suppose as some one mentioned earlier his free kicks have improved now all Wardle  needs is to get him kicking in the right direction.

"We are doomed, doomed I tell yee."

9 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

I think the writing was on the wall when they were standing in the tunnel before kick off Britass stood at least a foot shorter than most of the Watford players and then the run out Britass looking like he needed a corset obviously still carrying a lot of summer fat or is it just natural fat. 😄 

All the other players have six packs whilst Britass as a one pack and this is the fella we are depending on as our captain and also to win us games with his goal scoring attributes. Consolation I suppose as some one mentioned earlier his free kicks have improved now all Wardle  needs is to get him kicking in the right direction.

What, seriously? Where the hell does this garbage come from? Britt looks so much leaner and fitter than any other season he's been here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

what i saw was an ex premier league team pretty much get everyone behind the ball and hold on to the lead from 25min onwards. going to be a long season for them watching that.  glad we wont be playing the serbian pulis every week.

They had loads of quality players out 17 in fact, some of them will be sold but they will still have plenty of players that will probably be too good for this division coming in, I know who I would rather watch given the choice and it ain't Boro. Watford were aware that they had a makeshift team out with so many players missing and knew they wouldn't be at their best in attack so played an organised defensive game and they done a job on us. It was a professional performance by Watford and I disagree that they were hanging on if we were still out on Vicarage Road playing now I doubt we would have scored, defensively they were comfortable and I just hope Christian Kabasele has let Britass out of his pocket now. 

No matter what anyone says Watford were there for the taking tonight they had 17 players out with injuries, illnesses and whatever else, their manager has had to do everything on his own because his assistants have had to quarantine. 

Edited by Zander
  • Like 3
38 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

bottom line. we score first in that game we win. they did shut up shop and our weak attack floundered. 

Thats conjecture with no basis. Our defence is incredibly poor on top of our toothless attack. We showed that against Shrewsbury. Under more pressure we would have cracked even more no doubt

4 hours ago, Motor Mouth said:

Britt was probably 3rd best player on the pitch tonight for me, worked hard all game and hold up play was good

Fletcher was bright in the 1st half and non existent in the 2nd 

Dijksteel and Tav stand outs

Just please can we play 4 at the back, Dijksteel is ready made for a back 4 solid RB for us just need a solid LB and couple of attacking players on loan 

I wouldn't even be against trying Marv in a back 4 at LB was quite solid defensively tonight was his contributions going forward that weren't so good 

Again just badly crying out for pace, guile and creativity. F***ing broken record man 

7 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I'm just sick of the same old story post match like tonight Warnock says we dominated them , had more possession, created better chances but they had one chance scored while we had tones of attacking opportunities but failed to put the ball into the back of the net. This has been going on for years why do we find it so hard to score a dam goal jeez 

Maybe because we only have 1 player with a bit of creativity and pace behind the strikers. The rest are so pedestrian it’s almost like watching a tape in rewind. We must be the easiest team to defend against. 
The fact that Browne didn’t come on suggests to me that Warnock doesn’t rate him at all and I expect to see him leave if we get more players in. Either that or Warnock was happy to only lose 1-0 ala Pulis. 

Dijksteel was brilliant. 
Britt closed players quickly and held the ball up better than I’ve seen him do before. 
Johnson didn’t do much (if anything) wrong defensively but didn’t get forward much in the first half. 
When defending 1v1 out wide our players mostly came out on top, but there was too many gaps through the middle. 
Spence was too slow to get back and defend, always the wrong side and looked reluctant going forward. Yet somehow he always seemed to be shouting at other players. 
Bettinelli didn’t have much to do apart from their goal. We got balls and players in the box but didn’t really create many chances, but I do think Watford’s defence looked very good.

Was a close game, not as bad I was expecting tbh. Definitely things to build on and I think one big issue has potentially been addressed with Morsy signing. Just worry at our lack of options/cover. 

• Like 3

Had time to think about the game and I thought it was tight game not much in it but I did think going forward particularly in the second half how toothless we are both at putting the ball in the back of the net and creating cutting edge chances in open play.

I think the problem doesn't come from out wide it comes in the middle, Britt has lost his cutting edge when it comes to scoring since leaving forest albeit I did he closed down players alot better last night (something i criticised him for in previous seasons) and Fletcher has got better putting in the back of the net but isnt exactly prolific. In the centre of midfield the only player that is capable of getting a half decent goal tally is Wing but hes lost his over game under the stewardship of Woodgate and Keane so I think needs time out onloan to get that back  that confidence and we have brought in another cdm this week so doubt he will be able to add goals either. Howson, Saville and Mcnair are all too similar they'll break up play and they'll try to create chances for Britt and Fletcher but unless its a clear cut chance right in front of goal they wont go for it.  

We need a attacking cm from somewhere someone not shy of having a pop at goal and has a proven record of it but also the other sides of his game are okay as well. I also think we probably need another striker as history proves that when Britt is not scoring and things arent going his way, he sometimes becomes disinterested and lets the game by pass him.