oneBoro Forum

Watford v Boro 1-0

I don't think it was a terrible performance. I think whats *** people off is seeing the same issues we've had for 3 seasons still coming to the fore and the club seemingly oblivious to it.

I was all for wing backs. Think it suits what we have in terms of players in correct positions however the big problem is you are still relying on Johnson (crap), Spence and whomever plays as the third midfielder to supply the ammunition to Britt and Fletch. Lets be honest, none of them are up to the job. Spence looks like he is regressing every game. I was very excited about him when he came in the scene but I am starting to think his good games were the anomaly. Johnson is not any where near the standard and whomever play's out of Howson, Saville, McNair and Wing are just poor and barely stand out in any game. 

I guess what I'm saying is that with so many positionals extremely poor we maybe should be looking at getting the players in to play Warnocks preferred 4-3-3.

What a depressing club we are ☹️

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watford fan here - I come in peace. As many of you have pointed out it appears like it's a good time to play us. From an outside perspective that's totally understandable. I thought I'd share our

One positive I do want to make is I think Dijksteel is turning into a quality player back there. My MOTM again today, looks comfortable as the RCB.

I'm a bit amazed that tav is getting criticism after that half. Everything good about us has gone through him. Yes he loses the ball and sometimes hits wayward passes but that's what happens when you

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I know that it is an old cliche but on reflection I think Watford did not deserve to win and we did not deserve to lose.

Take the chances often wins scrappy games

I disagree. If just swapped the shirts of the players we would be saying it was a perfect performance. Get ahead early and defend comfortable for the rest...  easy peasy

Pretty sure that’s how Watford fans will see it

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I don't think it was a terrible performance. I think whats *** people off is seeing the same issues we've had for 3 seasons still coming to the fore and the club seemingly oblivious to it.

I was all for wing backs. Think it suits what we have in terms of players in correct positions however the big problem is you are still relying on Johnson (crap), Spence and whomever plays as the third midfielder to supply the ammunition to Britt and Fletch. Lets be honest, none of them are up to the job. Spence looks like he is regressing every game. I was very excited about him when he came in the scene but I am starting to think his good games were the anomaly. Johnson is not any where near the standard and whomever play's out of Howson, Saville, McNair and Wing are just poor and barely stand out in any game. 

I guess what I'm saying is that with so many positionals extremely poor we maybe should be looking at getting the players in to play Warnocks preferred 4-3-3.

What a depressing club we are ☹️

Pretty much my thoughts, I wasn't particularly angry with Warnock last night. He could have been more positive with his substitutes but the poor unbalanced squad we have is not really his fault. 

Every time I watch us its just so depressing, there's no flair, no class in the team. 8m for Saville and for what, he makes the odd tackle and plays nice 5 yard passes sideways. Howson does what he always does, works hard but theres no quality in our midfield. 

Britt and Fletcher run the channels well but neither have any class about them. 

I'm not even blaming those players, last night just shows again how much we've failed in the last 3 years. I blame, Monk, Pulis, Woodgate and Gibson. 

And no I didn't expect anything different before the game, that doesn't make it any less depressing though.  

3 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I disagree. If just swapped the shirts of the players we would be saying it was a perfect performance. Get ahead early and defend comfortable for the rest...  easy peasy

Pretty sure that’s how Watford fans will see it

Know what you mean hense my caviat of taking chances comment.

One thing Spense seems to have "lost it" to a degree I wish he would drill the ball harder into the box instead of a tamed pace

3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Know what you mean hense my caviat of taking chances comment.

One thing Spense seems to have "lost it" to a degree I wish he would drill the ball harder into the box instead of a tamed pace

A lot of our ball into the box were just floated in especially from set pieces makes them so easy to defend against. The only one I can think of that was sent in at paces was Tavs that Britt got on the end of

It’s been said already but what i seen was a hangover from last season. 
Conceded from a set piece, poor passing, slow attacking, across and back passing, individual players I could go on but most has already been said. 
Players, we need 4-5 players of caliber, maybe more but again that’s the clubs fault and Warnock can only work a small weakened team. Warnock must get the players he wants if we are to judge him. 
I thought we looked fresh but there again if you don’t move around so much you should be. Both keepers did well but why float crosses into a box with Foster in goal is baffling.  We had plenty of chances but were slow to react and took extra touch’s. 
I believe a draw would have been a fair result neither team were outstanding but they were a patched up second team but with some pace and Pedro impressed me. 
I'm not disappointed because I didn’t expect to win but I’m taking to Warnock for reasons I don’t fully understand yet. I think we should march round Gibson house or go sit on his golf course until he gets Warnock his players but this was a game neither team should have won. 
Although I probably should not because it some what goes against what I want to say but I Just like to add. Watched the game on Skye and two things annoy me. The kneeling before the game and the Skye banner proclaiming BLM. I support diversity but I don’t believe politics should be advertised on or at paid events. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1

I am optimistic after that game. I thought we were the aggressors for most of it and had a few decent chances (Hall getting away from his man from 6 yards at a corner springs to mind, but there was more than one). We won't come up against many midfield partnerships as good as Chalobah and Cleverley and bot many teams play 3 at the back in this league.

The captaincy seems to have made Britt, he looked like he was really trying to get involved last night and was a lot more animated than I remember. Johnson was very good, and seemed more comfortable with McNair at the back. Tav seemed to be popping up a lot more too.

I hope that when we have Morsy playing his sitting back allows whoever the other midfielder playing is to roam forward a lot more, give us an extra body in attack

I think Dijksteel is looking very good and could easily play RB and we go to 4 at the back. But we’d then need a LB and a couple of exciting forwards which I don’t think is possible the way the transfer window has gone so far. When Warnock says he want 2 more forwards I hope he means players that would fit a 433 system and not just alternatives to Britt and Fletcher. 

Would probably have accepted a 1-0 defeat before game but did not feel we deserved to lose over the 90 minutes..draw would probably been fairer but that's football..if you get a chance, you have to take it ..they did, we didn't...

Plusses...Dijksteel..improving all the time...Tav,,behind most of best moves...Fletch till he tired...and although Hall made the error that conceded the goal, he seemed to improve as game went on and lost little in the air..with another proper centre back alongside him, he could be part of a decent defence

Can't judge Bettinelli as a virtual spectator for much of game..Johnson had an OK game, no major mistakes, Spence seemed to play in spells but not one of his better games..Britt did OK but still holds on to ball when he could pass

Minuses...I realise that McNair is probably a stopgap at CB but personally feel he adds little to team wherever he plays and he was anonymous again last night...still poor at dead ball situations and gave away too many unnecessary free kicks..would rather see Wood given a chance unless we get someone else in...Saville tried to keep game flowing but needs to be further forward to help Tav...hopefully Morsy facilitates this..Howson (see Saville)...Wing hardly got a kick and seemed as though game passed him by..but until we get another goal scoring midfielder, should still be on option off bench.....Just my opinions and sure that many will disagree, but for a team that we all know is under strength, we weren't slaughtered and for the moment, I'll settle for that, though it is obvious we need to improve in a number of areas 

If I was neutral watching that game I would analyse it as two mediocre sides with no stand out individual on show.

Bearing in mind one team was made up largely of squad players then the performance could be expected. Us ? All old failings still on view. Problems from years still exist. And the opinion this group of players are devoid collectively of being able to rectify the situation and eliminate the problems.

That is the most challenging and worrying aspect

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Brunners said:

What, seriously? Where the hell does this garbage come from? Britt looks so much leaner and fitter than any other season he's been here.

"Seriously fella take off those rose tinted glass's"

Look at the replay of the start in the tunnel and the walk out and how his loose shirt is hiding his gut. That ain't no fit footballer.

Yes he may run for 15 minutes each half but not 45. The guy is fat short and still not able to think when he get's hold of the ball.

He needs to drop down a league because that is the only place he has a chance to score 20+ goals a season.

Lets hope we don't have to carry him again for another season.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1