• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watford fan here - I come in peace. As many of you have pointed out it appears like it's a good time to play us. From an outside perspective that's totally understandable. I thought I'd share our

One positive I do want to make is I think Dijksteel is turning into a quality player back there. My MOTM again today, looks comfortable as the RCB.

I'm a bit amazed that tav is getting criticism after that half. Everything good about us has gone through him. Yes he loses the ball and sometimes hits wayward passes but that's what happens when you

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

No Deeney either for Watford.

Absolutely no better time to play them.

Won't stop it being a tough, tough prospect, but we should make a game of it.

Their missing list is much bigger than just Deeney and Sarr

Troy Deeney
Andre Gray
Will Hughes
Ismaila Sarr
Adam Masina
Danny Welbeck
Etienne Capoue
Roberto Pereyra

practically half the first team I think.

• Wow 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Their missing list is much bigger than just Deeney and Sarr

Troy Deeney
Andre Gray
Will Hughes
Ismaila Sarr
Adam Masina
Danny Welbeck
Etienne Capoue
Roberto Pereyra

practically half the first team I think.

Obviously Doucoure too as he's signed for Everton. Isn't Delofeou out injured too?

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

This surely has to be the best time to play Watford, so many players missing.

Ok we do not have a good track record at Watford over recent years but this could be an away win if we play well

Warnock only does away wins in the Championship ☺️

• Haha 1

Way to kick off the new season SD! All those Watford and Boro badges are triggering my OCD...

Anyway...

Which team and formation should Neil Warnock pick?

I would hope he picks the Boro team...otherwise we could be in a spot of bother! 😁

On a more serious note, we're away to a team of significantly higher quality (on paper) so it should be something defensive-minded...5-3-2 springs to mind. We seem to play well with wing-backs.

What will the scoreline be and who scores if any? 

Being a season opener I'd expect both teams to be a bit rusty and lacking co-ordination, so I'm expecting a rather turgid affair, decided by a late winner for the home side. Stoppage time corner results in a 92nd minute header going in our net: Watford 1 - 0 Boro.

Will we have signed any new players before the game and will they be involved in the squad for this particular game?

If the transfer thread is anything to go by...probably not. Though I imagine we'll manage 1 last-minute signing, who will spend the entire game on the bench (just for the experience).

Are you confident, that Warnock will get the maximum out of his players, and we can compete in this league? 

If last season was anything to go by...an emphatic yes! There are maybe half a dozen teams in this division who are just too good for us, but we can certainly compete against pretty much everyone else. Quite confident NW can get enough good performances out of our squad to manage a decent mid-table finish.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Warnock only does away wins in the Championship ☺️

Well Gibson still has to arrange for a witch doctor / wiccan to break the curse of the Riverside. Until then there's nothing Warnock can do about our home form. 😁

20 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well Gibson still has to arrange for a witch doctor / wiccan to break the curse of the Riverside. Until then there's nothing Warnock can do about our home form. 😁

We won at home 5 days ago.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

We won at home 5 days ago.

Not in the Championship we didn't and I don't think we have all year or at least it seems an eternity since we last won at home in the Championship.

We should have a great opportunity on Friday as at the last count Watford had eleven players out and seemingly rising. I wonder how much of it is genuine injuries and how much is internal politicking going on. Seems like an almighty mess the owners have got themselves into.

• Like 1

Sounds like Watford will be matching us up with a 3 at the back. I can't say I know much I know about their potential wing-backs Ngakia or Estupinan, one's just signed for them from West Ham's youth team and the other they've had for 4 years but has been out on loan elsewhere for 4 years. Their strikers could be decent, Suarez has done good in Spain's 2nd division, Perica who they've just signed doesn't look like a big goalscorer but is bloody massive and could be a handful, then there's Murray who should be a top class signing in this division, even if he doesn't start this or every game. They've still got a fair bit of experience in defence and midfield.

Whilst they are supposedly dealing with havoc behind the scenes, this could still be a good time to play them. But make no mistake, this is still a strong team with a spine of Premier League experience. We will have to be good to beat them.

• Like 2