oneBoro Forum

55 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

It was speculated by Johns at the Gazette that the lack of subs was a political point by Warnock directed at those above him, he has seemed frustrated in public over the past week about the lack of signings and numbers.

The fact that after Wing came on he didn't send anyone to warmup made it clear to me he was making a point by not putting Browne/Coulson on.

I’m sure given Warnock age and experience he does his talking directly man to man and not through media.. I don’t read to much in what journalists speculate. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, sanddancer said:

I’m sure given Warnock age and experience he does his talking directly man to man and not through media.. I don’t read to much in what journalists speculate. 

I hope you're right.

I've always thought Warnock was one of those guys who just spoke his mind and didn't try to make points or feed the media by not managing games to the best of his ability.

Then again, maybe he has been talking to Gibson and not liked the responses he has got?

We can only speculate of course, but I would hope he is more honourable than to play silly games.

• Like 1

"Spence gave a great impersonation of a Now TV Stick, great when connected but prone to losing signal and dropping out."

Glad it's not just me then! Particularly prone to dropping out if I put the microwave on - have to remember to make my cuppa at half time 😀 Not likely to improve but Spence probably will

• Haha 2

On 9/12/2020 at 3:21 PM, wilsoncgp said:

That's pathetic if that's the case. Like the higher ups don't already know we need players? The game was there to get something from, the right sub could have helped us get it. If Warnock was just trying to make a point, which I'm still not convinced he was, then that's a pathetic way of dealing with the game in front of you.

Yeah I can't see that either. Think Warnock is too much of a professional to do that. My impression is that he is too proud to throw a game that way. My guess is he thinks Johnson is a better crosser of the ball than either Coulson or Bola and that he was hoping one of his crosses would create a chance in the box. I don't think he rates Browne though. The game was crying out for someone with a bit of pace and skill rather than a Wing. Should have taken McNair off and gone 4 at the back to try something else and put Browne on.

Having given the game a few days thought I still think the following:

1. We were slow

2. No creativity

3. Boring

4. Fairly organised in the first 2/3 of the pitch

5. Basically Pulis mk.2

• Like 1